The Outtakes: Day 1 {A little late}

So Jocee over at Cupcake Dictionary had this great idea. Check this out:

"I have a proposition for you. For the next fourteen days, talk about your life. Talk about you. You know, the unedited version. Without the special effects, without the music, without the makeup. I want to see you. I call it The Outtakes. The movie without the red carpet, the premieres, and fans screaming and the deafening applause. So, here's what we're going to do:

At the end of the day {or whatever time of day} post on what you did. What made it happy, what made it special, and something that didn't happen, that could've made it better. If you had a not-so-good day, post on what made it seem not-so-good, and then make a note of something that didn't happen, that could've made it better. Don't be afraid to stand out. Don't be afraid to be who. you. are." - Jocee, Cupcake Dictionary
I think that's a fabulous idea. So here's my outtake for yesterday. Sorry it's a day late. I'll try to do today's later, too.



{Yesterday}
Today I basically did nothing. Did a little Wii Fit Plus, checked my e-mail, went on my blog, neglected to do my devotions :(. Yep. You heard it. I neglect my devotions a lot. I know that I write devotions here on Girlz of God blog, but sometimes (a lot of the time) I neglect to do them myself...to read them...to learn from them...to explore Scripture and grow in it. So I'm working on keeping a consistent devotional life. I'm tired of feeling distant from God, like I've been distant from Him too long and am having trouble coming back. No more. I'm not perfect. I shouldn't act like I am better than others. 'Cause God loves us all equally. And I mess up so much, but I know that God still loves me. And He loves you too. So I guess I'm learning that it's okay to post the outtakes...not just delete them because they don't flow with your "Perfect Christian Blogger" image that you try to create (that I try to create). I'm learning to cherish  the outtakes as well as the non-outtakes, because there is beauty in both. And God can help you learn from both. There is beauty in a blurry photo, a deleted scene, and unposted post. It helps you discover more and more who the writer really is and why they do what they do.

So I'd like to tell you a little bit about myself. Stuff you maybe (probably) don't already know.

Let's start with an introduction. Hi, I'm Talia.



 












I love my eyes. I love whale crackers. I'm not big on vintage, although I caught on that it was "in" in the blogging world. I like swimming because when I'm under the water, I feel like I can sort of "escape" from what's above the water. I wish I could breathe underwater. I like spiking in volleyball. I record myself singing over and over and over, in hopes that it will turn out "just right." I like to e-mail, Skype, and talk to my closest faraway friends, because a lot of the time it seems like they really "get me." And they're really fun to talk to and can make me smile. I despise pictures taken from down low (c'mon, people, where did you learn that technique?). I don't get why singers  who claim to be Christians sing nonchristian music or "neutral" music. Sometimes when I'm by myself in my room, I make up dance routines (that no one will ever see, most likely). I LOVE Meet the Robinsons. I used to listen to that song by Steven Curtis Chapman - When Love Takes You In - and act out my Barbie doll kids finding families. There's a "secret someone" inside me who only God knows. That secret someone is real, and true, and knows that she is wounded, but wants to come to Christ for healing.

So that's a little about me. I'd like to get to know you a little better, too. So who are you, outtakes included?  
Photobucket

Jocee  – (August 23, 2011 at 3:44 PM)  

I love that you love your eyes!! I honestly haven't heard anyone say that about themselves before. Totally rockin' awesome, girlie!! Who am I? Outtakes included?
I'm a cupcake fanatic, I hate my eyes because the majority of the time no one can tell they're brown. Everyone thinks they're black. I'm the blondest brunette you'll ever know, I can't beat my sister in arm wrestling and I hate the fact that I can do a French fishtail braid, and not a plain French braid. Sometimes I feel like I'm not worth it but I cling to God and I feel happy all over again. I will talk your ear off. Seriously.
Great post :))
-Jocee <3

Talia  – (August 23, 2011 at 5:06 PM)  

Hey, sweet Jocee! Thanks for commenting on my blog :). I think eyes are beautiful...a beauty made by God!

And just so you know, I *love* your blog. It was one of my favorite blogs of all time. I just love the honesty, fun-nes, and God-centered-ness I find there, along with a welcoming feeling. I love everything about Cupcake Dictionary!
Love Talia

Kels  – (August 23, 2011 at 5:12 PM)  

Oh yay! I'm so glad you're doing this too. I love reading about you, you're such a beautiful and special young lady. :)
And I love that song from Steven Curtis Chapman, oh it's so beautiful!
And the fact that you love your eyes is cool. You are the first person I have heard say that. :)
big hugs! xxxx~Kelsey

Talia  – (August 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM)  

Kels, thank you so much. Your comment just made my day. You are truly a beautiful young lady too - inside and out. I can tell that you love Jesus and desire to serve Him. I love your blog & it has been great to be blog friends w/you :).
Talia

Nela  – (August 24, 2011 at 5:48 AM)  

Your eyes are very lovely, Talia. ;)

For me, I like to read my devotions in the morning, because it helps me to focus on what I've read that morning and applying it throughout the day. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP