An Evident Difference

My counselor at church camp brought up a very important question that I hadn't really thought about before:

Why do we claim that we would die for our faith, but when it comes to living out our faith at school and home, why is it so difficult for us?

There is - for sure - a difference between Christians and nonchristians. But are we making a difference? Are we showing others that there is a difference in us compared to the rest of the world, so that when they see us, they say, "Wow, there's something different about them"? Do our actions show that we are followers of Christ? They should. But I am sad to say that they don't always. People (including myself) are becoming more complacent and comfortable with where they are. They are not stepping out and reaching out. They are staying within their comfort zones and not making a difference in the world.

There should be an evident difference in the way Christians live opposed to the way nonchristians live. If we really love God, we will follow Him and obey Him. We will struggle and fall (everyone does), but we will not be destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 says:
We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;  persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Do you yearn for the faith that shouts, "You can hard-press me on every side, perplex me, persecute me, strike me down, but you will never destroy me!"? Do you have that faith? We should. But many of us don't.

Allow me to ask you two question:

Are you living so that there is an evident difference in your life?

Are you making a positive difference for Christ in the world around you?

If not, why? It's not too late to start.


Photobucket

Lexi  – (August 23, 2011 at 2:58 PM)  

GREAT post Talia! Wow. That is such a powerful question. You're right, many people don't step out of their comfort zones. It's sad to say that I am one of those people sometimes. I'll have to say I'm pretty good about not putting down my faith just to be in the "in crowd". But sometimes I don't step out and "do hard things" (BTW I got that book. Amazing!) for God's glory. I've just got to know that the reward in heaven is greater.
Thanks for the inspiring post!♥

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP