Where Did That Come From?

Have you ever realized that you become like who you hang out with? You may talk like them, dress like them, act like them...I've noticed recently that I've been saying, "Don't be a meaner," which is weird, because my friend Kayla (from Mulan, Jr.) and her niece Dani said "meaner." I didn't hang out with them until the play. It's kind of strange, actually.

1 Corinthians 15:33 says: Do not be misled: “Bad company corrupts good character.”

 It's obvious - we become like who we hang out with. So who are you hanging out with? What are you hanging around - bad music, bad TV shows, bad magazines and books? You may think that the bad stuff isn't affecting you, but it really is. I've caught myself thinking bad words, even if I don't say them (thinking them is just as bad). I'm not saying it's not okay to hang around nonchristians. I think it is okay, as long as we are influencing them for the better, not them influencing us for the worst (which often happens). If you are not making a stand for Christ and showing them God's love, then what's the point? Why do you want to hang around them if they are not helping you in any way? Even if bad stuff (or people) seems like "fun," the "happiness" will not last. So I advise you to really think about your friends (or so-called "friends."). Do they uplift you in Christ or tear you down? Do they influence you, or do you influence them? Are they pushing you to compromise your standards, or are you standing strong?   

Psalm 1:1-2
 1 Blessed is the one
   who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
   or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the LORD,
   and who meditates on his law day and night.

Bree  – (July 26, 2011 at 5:57 AM)  

This post was very....inspiring.It made me think about my life and who I hang out with.It made me come to conclusions.
Also,I agree with the comment you left! They could have just clicked out of it,but they left horrible comments!
~Bree
breezybugsblog.blogspot.com

Lexi  – (July 26, 2011 at 6:33 AM)  

Talia, great post! I agree, you do start acting like the friends you hang out with.

Anna  – (July 26, 2011 at 7:20 AM)  

Really cool! I totally get it!

Anna

godstomboy@blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP