A Priority...or an Accessory?

Lately, I've been slacking in my devos and quiet times. I've gone on the Internet a lot, haven't been posting devos on the blog in a while, and have not been reading my Bible. Well, I'm here to tell you, I want to change. I'm going to try to change. I go through periods where I do my quiet times daily, and I go through periods where I don't do them at all. I've made my quiet times and God Himself an accessory instead of a priority.

It is amazing how good God is. No matter how long I ignore Him, push Him aside, neglect Him, still He waits patiently for me, sadly but most definitely surely.

Neglecting my quiet times with God and neglecting really talking to Him (not just surface-level "Thanks for the food. Amen.") is like having a guest wait in your living room for you to talk to them for hours on end...days on end...How could I leave God like that? Why am I leaving Him like that right now, today?

No more. God is so good, and He deserves so, SO much more than being neglected. He is amazing, loving, wonderful, indescribable, incomprehensible, incomparable, uncontainable, personal, understanding, caring, kind, just...and so much more. I do love God very much, but I am not showing it in my actions, words, and blog posts. It's time to change. It's time to erase the name "accessory" forever and give God, my quiet times, and devos a new name...priority. 

1 Chronicles 16:34
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
















Daniel 9:9
But the Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him.
















Ephesians 4:32
Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you.















Deuteronomy 4:31
For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the solemn covenant he made with your ancestors.















Psalm 99:8
O Lord our God, you answered them.You were a forgiving God to them, but you punished them when they went wrong.















Hebrews 12:6
"For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.”

Brownie Girl  – (July 20, 2011 at 12:08 AM)  

:-) Awesome, incredibly true post.

lexi  – (July 20, 2011 at 11:24 AM)  

Talia, I have been exactly like you here lately. I haven't been doing my devotions like
I should. God hasn't been #1 in my life, and he does deserve much more. You have inspired me to change along with you! Thanks!
GREAT post!!!:)

Talia  – (July 20, 2011 at 11:48 AM)  

Thanks, Brownie Girl.

Lexi, I will pray for you! I did mine this morning and it is so...good and refreshing. God is amazing <3.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP