The Peace of God

The other night while we were driving home from play practice, I just felt peaceful. I was really content, not worrying about anything at the moment, and just happy with where I was. It was an awesome kind of peace that seemed to just...come.

Have you ever felt really worried? I know I have. I get worried a lot, and I often think to myself, If I just get through this week, then I won't worry for a while. But, you and I both know that that's not true. I will still worry sooner or later. So how can I defeat this worry - push it to the back of my head, to the bottom of my mind? What if it isn't about defeating it myself? What if it isn't about something that I can do? Sometimes, at night when I can't go to sleep because I'm worrying, I quote Bible verses in my head. These two often come into my head:

Philippians 4:7

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
 
 Isaiah 26:3You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.
 
God will give us His perfect peace if we trust in Him. Check out what Romans 8:28 says:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[a] have been called according to his purpose.

We can rest in peace knowing our God is with us. We can rest in the peace of God.

Emii  – (June 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM)  

I really, genuinely needed this post right now. Content. I guess that's the part of my life I'm missing right now. It's always lately, "What do I need?" "What can I improve in?"

I just need to be content. Thanks for the reminder, Talia, that came at just the right time.

Content. Content... "I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation." Oh, what IS the secret? I wish I knew.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP