Of True Importance

Sometimes (a lot of times), we really lose sight of what's important. I lose sight of what's important. It is so easy to get caught up in what the world tells you that you need, what the world tells you that you want, what you think you need so desperately that you will "die" if you don't have it. Some common distractions would be material items, popularity, jealousy and envy, boys, and lack of a "perfect family" or "perfect life." I thought it would be good to take a few minutes to reflect on what is really worthwhile, what is of true importance.

First and definitely most important of all, God. Without Him, I would be nothing. If He hadn't created me, and if He hadn't died for me, where would I be? And who would I be? I would be alone...cold...bitter...angry...scarred...rebellious...afraid...covered in filthy sin...
but He pulled me out of that and said to me, "I love you. You are mine." 


Friends. And I'm not talking about the "friends" who put you down, who joke about you behind your back(or to your face!), who pull you down instead of lifting you up, who don't encourage you in your faith in Jesus. I'm talking about the friends who love Jesus and encourage you in your faith in Him, keep you grounded in your faith, don't say mean things to you and then say "Just kidding!", and the kind of friends who lift you up instead of pulling you down. I have a lot of friends who are these kind of friends, and I am so blessed. Love you girls.

Family. I love my family so much, and I know that sometimes I am not as thankful as I should be for all that they do for me. I really love you all so much in a unique way. Thanks for encouraging me in my faith and for just being you guys. Love you. ♥♥♥

Thankfulness. Some people in other countries have so little, yet they are so thankful. I know for a fact that we often take things for granted...family, friends, the Bible, food, clean water, belongings...the list goes on. Let us strive to be thankful as the Lord wants us to be thankful. And let us pray for those less fortunate.


The Bible. I believe that God was very wise to create it! It is our handbook, helpful guide, and tool for when facing struggles...or any time! It shows the hope of God's love, the story of life, and so much more. The Bible is amazingly important!


Life. God is so amazing, and we are so blessed to have life created by Him. Often we even take LIFE for granted. But God has a plan for you, even if it's really hard to see what it is, or even if you don't believe the possibility that He could have a plan for you. He does. And He loves you so, so much, wherever you are, whatever you've done, and no matter how far you have run from Him...He still loves you.

Isaiah 54:10
"Though the mountains be shaken
   and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
   nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
   says the LORD, who has compassion on you.


(pictures from sistersnthesavior.blogspot.com, apparentproject.blogspot.com, and Talia DeAndrea)

lexi  – (June 3, 2011 at 8:34 AM)  

I completely agree, Talia. We take SOOO many things for granted, but the Lord has blessed us with more than we need. I have always loved that Bible verse BTW!
Great post!!!:)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP