God Says You're Worth It

Sigh. I know this is a heavy topic, girlios, but I think somebody needs to say it.

Suicide isn't a pretty thing.

I feel uncomfortable posting about it, and you may feel uncomfortable reading it, but this subject is really important - MAJORLY important.

And why? Let me tell you...

Suicide is where a person is so full of grief, or so angry, or so depressed, or they feel so alone or so bad, that they take their own life. It terrifies me. It saddens me. And believe me, it breaks my heart. It is eye-opening to hear about stories where people have thought that they weren't worth it, where they have felt too bad, too sinful, or just that their life was ending up horribly. Let me tell you somethin', girl...

All people on earth are worth it to God. He says so. Psalm 139:13-14 says:

 13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.


Everybody messes up. Everybody feels alone. Everybody goes through hard times. But the answer is not suicide. You will NOT be happier if you take your life.  You will be incomparably sad and miserable in a place that doesn't pop up a lot on blogs that I read...hell. Satan hates you and wants to drag you down into hell, a fiery, miserable place where you hurt forever and ever. And nobody wants that. Nobody. Now, I'm NOT saying that if you are a Christian and commit suicide that you will go to hell. No. If you are a born-again Christian, God doesn't erase your name from the Book. Suicide is still terrible, even if you are saved. It is not fair to your family, friends, and God. Even if you feel like you don't HAVE any friends out there, God cares. And I do, too.

But it doesn't have to end that way. Your life does NOT have to end with the pull of a trigger, swallowing pills, driving off a cliff. It doesn't have to. Even if you feel worthless, or rebellious, or alone, or let down, or abused, or ANYTHING...God loves you and is pleading with you not to take your life. You choose - what are you going to do with your life? Who are you going to turn to? What decisions are you going to make today...and forever?

For those who love Jesus, God promises heaven to them. And heaven is awesome. How do I know? No, I've never been there (after all, I'm still here writing this blog post!). But God talks about heaven in the Bible. It is a place for those who have given their heart and soul to Jesus Christ, who have said, "I know that you died for me; I admit that I am a sinner; please come into my life and change me," for those who love Jesus. Check out these Bible verses about heaven:

Revelation 21:21
The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of gold, as pure as transparent glass.

Luke 15:10
In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents

Psalm 103:11
For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him.


In heaven, there will be no darkness and NO sin. Jesus is preparing a place for you, if you will choose Him. See what John 14:1-3 says:


Jesus Comforts His Disciples
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.
Jesus desires for you to be with Him. Yes, YOU. He sees all the bad things you've done, yet He still loves you and wants you to come to Him. In a song called "Savior" by a band I really like, PureNRG, some of the lyrics go like this:

"Are you looking for a Savior?
Someone who sees all your scars,
Someone who still wants your heart."

Jesus loves you. Period. End of sentence. If you have no one else, Jesus is there. If you feel too bad for anyone, Jesus is there, loving you, holding his arms open for you. If you are alone, He is there for you, ready to comfort you and tell you that you are His child. Whether you feel alone, rebellious, let down, bad, sinful, disgusting, dirty, scarred, wounded, broken, hurt, in pain, bullied...or any other terrible feeling, God is there for you. Jeremiah 17:7-8 says:

7 “But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD,
   whose confidence is in him.
8 They will be like a tree planted by the water
   that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
   its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
   and never fails to bear fruit.”

God really does love you. Even if you doubt Him. Even if you don't love Him and don't believe in Him...He still loves you. God loves thieves, murderers, liars, sinners, gossips...and everything else. Doubting that God loves you? Check out what the below verses say about His love for you.

Romans 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Isaiah 54:10
10 "Though the mountains be shaken
   and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
   nor my covenant of peace be removed,”
   says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

1 John 3:1See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

2 John 1:3Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and from Jesus Christ, the Father’s Son, will be with us in truth and love.

Psalm 52:8But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God’s unfailing love for ever and ever.

Psalm 136:2Give thanks to the God of gods. His love endures forever.
1 John 4:7
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
2 Thessalonians 3:5May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance.

Ephesians 5:1Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children.

Romans 5:5And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.


How amazing is that? God really loves you! Even if everyone else has let you down, God never will. He'll never, EVER let you down. I promise. And so does God. And He always keeps His promises. He will not always give you want you want, but if you ask Him, He will supply what you really need. Jesus knows everything about you, and He still loves you. Your life is worth it to Him. Give it to Him. Don't take it. Don't take your life. Even if you're not having suicidal thoughts, there are many, MANY people out there who are right at this moment. Let's pray for them together.

Dear God,
I know that you see all the people who are having suicidal thoughts right now, and all the people who are feeling alone, afraid, and too bad for your life. Please lavish your love on them, Jesus, and show them that they are worth it. Stop them from triggering the gun, from swallowing the pills, from driving off the cliff...stop them right now please, Jesus. I know that you do allow bad things to happen, like suicidal, because you are a merciful and good God, and you allow us to choose You or the world. Please help these people to choose You, Jesus. I pray that they would see their worth in Your eyes, and that they would see Your love.
In Christ's wonderful Name I pray,
Amen.

Pray for the people with these thoughts. And if you are one of these people, don't do it. Don't take your life. You are worth so much! Without you, there would be a hole in the universe! God loves you so much. Even if it seems like He's not there, He is. Trust Him. Spend time with Him and read His Word. Feel His love. Cherish His love. And love Him back. Love others. Change your life.

"When there's no where else to turn
All your bridges have been burned
Feels like you've hit rock bottom
Don't give up, it's not the end
Open up your heart again
When you feel like no one understands
Where you are...

Someone loves you
Even when you don't think so
Don't you know
You got me and Jesus
By your side
Through the fight
You will never be alone
On your own
You got me and Jesus

Hold on to what we got
This is worth any cost
So make the most of life that's borrowed
Love like there's no tomorrow

Someone loves you
Even when you don't think so
Don't you know
You got me and Jesus
By your side
Through the fight
You will never be alone
On your own
You got me and Jesus

Even when you don't think so
Don't know you
You got me and Jesus
By your side
Through the fight
You will never be alone
On your own
You got me and Jesus

You will never be alone...
You got me and Jesus."

- Me and Jesus, Stellar Kart

Psalm 139:1-18
1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
   too lofty for me to attain.
 7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
   Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
   if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
   if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
   your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
   and the light become night around me,”
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you;
   the night will shine like the day,
   for darkness is as light to you.
 13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
   How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
   they would outnumber the grains of sand—
   when I awake, I am still with you.

2 Corinthians 4:15-17
15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God.
 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 12:10That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Brownie Girl  – (June 12, 2011 at 1:39 PM)  

Inspiring :-) Thanks for posting this.

Bookworm  – (June 13, 2011 at 7:57 AM)  

This was a really encouraging post. I knew a lot of kids at the hospital who were suicidal, so thank u for addressing this topic. : )

Anonymous –   – (June 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM)  

Thanks for this wonderful message, it lessen my downs in my life.. God loves me.. And i am worth it. I Will still go on, and fight and face my struggles in my life. Because God wants me to find myself with these struggles and complete my life with Him...

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP