Will I Stand Strong?

Last night, I was finding trouble being at peace as I was thinking: Other countries are being persecuted. I wonder if America will be next? The USA, in my opinion, has gotten so much worse as the years pass. In Jesus' day, you wouldn't be watching R-rated (or even PG-13 or PG!) movies, you wouldn't be listening to music with cuss words every other second, and reading magazines with skimpy clothing on them. True, there was still sin then (duh!), and bad sin. But Christians have been slowly letting sins that we referr to as "not so bad" into our lives. It is shocking what we are watching, listening to, reading, and even just wanting to be a part of. Today, a song kept popping into my head - a BAD song. I don't want it in there, even though it's "just" one line. I want it out. I don't want to have that bad stuff filling my head. It is shocking to me that people can even think, let alone sing, stuff like the music out there today.

And then I start thinking about America. What if it DID become a persecuted country soon? Last night, as I was lying in bed, I imagined a man kicking the door open, holding a gun. And I imagined something that would break my heart right in half if it happened (just the THOUGHT broke my heart). I don't wanna say it, 'cause I'm afraid of saying it. But I will. I imagined him pointing the gun at my sister and asking me, "Are you a Christian?" If I said yes, in my imagination, he would pull the trigger.

Just the thought drives me nuts. I can't stand to imagine that. I know that in other countries, stuff like this actually does happen. And it gets me thinking...If America became a persecuted country, what would I do? If Bibles became illegal, would I have one? If someone was going to kill me or someone I know if I am a Christian, will I admit to it? Will I stand strong for Christ?

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 says this:
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

And Romans 8:34-36 says this:
3Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us.
 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”
   Will I stand strong when troubles come? I will I stand for Christ?

Talia

lexi  – (May 11, 2011 at 2:59 PM)  

Talia - Those thoughts really get me to thinking, too. I wonder if someone ever points a gun at me and asks me if I'm Christian, will I say yes? Or will I not stand up for what I believe in? Hopefully, we would say yes without a single thought. I just pray and ask God to make me strong and give me the strength I need to stand up for him no matter what.
That was a totally inspiring post!!!:)

Talia  – (May 11, 2011 at 5:30 PM)  

Thank you, Lexi. A lot of the times I ask myself "will I stand up for my faith?" and my immediate answer is "yes!" but how do I know that I will? I've never been in a life-threatneing situation. So it's a ogod thing to think about.

A great book to check out is "Extreme devotion" by the voice of the martyrs (co-authors of "Jesus Freaks").
Talia

Emii  – (May 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM)  

A really big question. And I don't think we can truly answer it until the time comes. In that split second... I think it's when we really decide.

But I want to be sure that, if that moment comes... I will stand firm. I'll risk my life for Jesus. He says He'll give me and you the words. He will.

I'm standing firm. I'm for Jesus. I'll speak the truth. I love Jesus.

This is a really important post. Thanks, Talia.

Brownie Girl  – (May 13, 2011 at 7:28 PM)  

I was thinking about this the other day! I read about this in God's World (magazine) and it told about these people being BEATEN because they won't deny Jesus. Amazing!! Very inspirational, thanks for posting!

What Do You Expect?  – (May 13, 2011 at 8:46 PM)  

Lovely post, Talia :) very thought provoking.
I'm glad you found me! it makes me so happy when RL girls pop in and comment on my blog :) as for American Idol, I don't really like country music either. Besides Scotty, haha. I think it was utterly wrong that James went home...but it's anyone's game right now I guess.
God bless!
~Rachel

Talia  – (May 14, 2011 at 8:51 AM)  

Hey girls! Thanks for commenting! Many Christians have to go through TERRIBLE things because of their faith! It amazes me how they stand strong in Christ. My youth pastor was talking last year about a boy who was a Christian, and if you were a Christian in the country that he lived in and if you didn't deny your faith, they would cut off your head. Well, the boy's head was found in a ditch.
It amazes me about that boy's love for Jesus...and now He is with Jesus.

Talia  – (May 14, 2011 at 8:52 AM)  

Rachel, I want Scotty to win now too :). Although I did want James to win. Anyway, back to the subject.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP