Who AM I?

Who on earth is this girl? What is her purpose? Ever thought something like that about yourself? I know I did. It was a couple years ago, and I was thinking, Who AM I? I wondered what I was meant to do for the rest of my life. And you know what? God has shown me that I am ME. I know that sounds like a really corny answer, but stick with me. God showed me (and still shows me) that I am Talia. I consider myself a combination of my talents, likes, dislikes, quirks, experiences, memories (both good and bad)...There are really SO many things that make up me...that make up you. I know I'm not exactly the same as anyone on earth, and neither are you. Sure, some people have a lot of the same likes and dislikes as me, but really, there is no one exactly like me or you - and no one exactly like another person (like there are no two snowflakes that are the same)! Some people cry in sad movies. I usually do not, although I got a little teared up in Kit Kittredge and Little Women (not when Beth died, though. When Jo told Laurie that she didn't love him.) OK, I'm weird like that. But it is a part of me! A vital, real part of me! Even little things make up me. I like inspiring quotes by inspiring people. I don't like movies or TV shows with potty talk or jokes that are just plain dumb. I often close my eyes in kissing parts in movies (I've stopped saying, "Don't look!" though. My sister got pretty annoyed). I love reading good books, and I've found that all the good books that I enjoy are Christian (at least, most of them!). I imagine my books in print and hope to see them published by a real publisher someday. I love photography and when the camera focuses just right close-up. I think it's really cute and I adore it when I see old people walking side-by-side holding hands (you know, old as in "white hair" old). Although I don't like love movies or books, I like the "Love Comes Softly" movies. I adore Disney movies and listen to Mulan songs at least once every week, usually (plus, I only have two of them!). When I get my mind set on something I really really want or want to do, I keep bugging somebody about it until they will take me to the store or take me to this place. Sometimes when I draw a smiling person, I find myself smiling. I just do. These are a few examples of some things that make me ME! What are some things that make you YOU? I encourage you to make a list. It's really awesome to reflect on how cool God has made you! And even if you have had lots of bad experiences in your past, and even though those experiences CAN teach you valuable lessons, they do NOT have to shape who you are. Ask God to clean your slate and write your story. You are uniquely you, and God says you are worth it. How does HE know? Well, der - He created you!

Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.

Bookworm  – (May 7, 2011 at 7:05 AM)  

Things That Make Me ME:
1. I watch a Narnia movie at least once a week.
2. I love writing in my journal or curling up with a good book.
3. I LOVE teddy bears and chocolate!

lexi  – (May 9, 2011 at 3:15 PM)  

Talia - I really loved the post! I often struggle with who I really am, and thanks for the idea on making a list! I will definitely do that sometime soon!!!:)
BTW, I LOVE the background! The colors are SO pretty - I looooove orange!

Talia  – (May 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM)  

Bookworm, that's really cool! Thanks for sharing! Love it! Hey, Lexi! Thanks! I will pray for you :)! It's hard to be our unique selves a lot, isn't it?

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP