Spasms, Obssessions, and Change

I admit that I go through "spasms", you could called them, where I like a certain thing a LOT lot lot. Kind of like Lily from the Lily Series by Nancy Rue, but not quite. One time, I was obsessed with Tinker Bell. I had books, shirts, necklaces, figurines...then I grew out of it. I still love Tink, don't get me wrong, but I'm not O-B-S-S-E-S-S-E-D. The only figurine I have now is on my desk, one I got from Disneyland. Now my sis watches Tinker Bell more than I do (my younger sis, not older ☺). And, truly, I only have 1 Tink book left (besides a How-To-Draw and..okay....a coloring book! It's pretty sweet ☺!). Sometimes it makes me sad when I grow out of something or am not interested in it anymore (which is sometimes the same case). And sometimes, it makes me sad when things change and people change. I don't like it when people move, when people start caring about the wrong kind of thing, when you lose friends. It hurts, and it seems like when things change or when people go away, they take a part of you with them. A story my mom told me a while ago was about my great-grandpa, Don. One night, he had a dream that his bedsheets were on fire, so he took them outside and hosed them down, all while sleeping. That makes me smile. Well, a couple years ago, Great-Grandpa Don died. And the other night, I was spending the night at my friend's house, and I was talking to her about dreams or something. And then I thought of that story about my great-grandpa, and I was about to tell my friend about it, but something inside stopped me. It was sadness. I miss my great-grandpa. I miss visiting him and giving him gifts from the pottery company and watching his little poodle bark and jump. I miss seeing him smile or laugh when we all went to my grandparents' house and somebody said something funny. Yes, I didn't know my great-grandpa all too well. But I still loved him. And I still miss him. And sometimes I think, I'll never see him again. Not on earth, I won't, that's true. But in heaven, I will. And I've gotta remember that. Psalms 56:8 says: You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. God really does care about us. Honestly. He says that He will never leave us nor forsake us. He says that He has good plans for us, to prosper us and give us hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). And in Jeremiah 33:3 He says:  Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come. God knows that I miss great-grandpa. He knows that I miss my dear friends who moved away 3 years ago. He knows that I miss people who have changed or things that have changed. But through all of it, He is there, waiting for me to come to Him. He knows if you are missing someone or something, or if you don't like change. He knows if you're hurting, and He says that He records your tears and will be there for you. Will you trust Him?

While I was spending the night at my friend's house and missing great-grandpa Don, I decided that I would tell her the story. And we laughed and smiled. And it felt good. It felt good to say it and to smile about it and relive a memory told to me by my mom. It felt good. And that must've been a God-thing...a way of Him showing me that He was going to take my sadness and turn it into joy.

Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP