I Pray

Sometimes I wish. No, I don't wish upon a star, pinch myself while closing my eyes, or hold my breath for "good luck." I just really wish. And what do I wish for, exactly? I'll tell you a few:

I wish that more people believed in Jesus.
I wish that there weren't so many divorces.
I wish that abortion wouldn't happen at all, because babies are alive in their mothers' wombs, and they deserve to live.
I wish marriage was between one man and one woman, and only that.
I wish that people would see that they don't need to be in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship to be happy.
I wish that we all had faith that could move mountains and walk on water and heal the impossible.

Those are a few of the things that I wish. But what if I changed them to "I pray" instead of "I wish." Besides, stars can't give you what you need. Clovers can't "bestow" what you yearn for. Crossing your fingers doesn't do any good. Only Jesus can give you what you need and what you yearn for, and He is totally for doing what is really, truly good for you. He knows everything about you - everything. He knows all the needs that you have and all the things that you want too, and in Jeremiah 33:3, He says:

 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

Instead of turning to other people (or "wishes") for what we need and want, why don't we turn to Jesus? Romans 8:28 says this:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

God totally works for the good of those who love Him. It says it right there, in the Bible! Jeremiah 29:11-13 says:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

That's awesome. God knows when you are hurting. He knows when you're not. He knows when you are afraid, alone, or feeling miserable and left out. He knows when others exclude you and it huts you to the core. He knows when you feel sick, when you wake up, and when you go to bed. He knows your likes and dislikes, your interests - everything, absolutely EVERYTHING about you. And He loves you. Even though He knows about all the pain and the bad things you've done and the mistakes you've made, He still loves you. That's a kind of love I want to live my whole life with. And I will. And so will you. So why don't we turn those useless wishes into meaningful prayers?

I wish pray that more people believed in Jesus.
I wish pray that there weren't so many divorces.
I wish pray that abortion wouldn't happen at all, because babies are alive in their mothers' wombs, and they deserve to live.
I wish pray marriage was between one man and one woman, and only that.
I wish pray that people would see that they don't need to be in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship to be happy.
I wish pray that we all had faith that could move mountains and walk on water and heal the impossible.

I pray that the girl reading this post will realize how much God loves her.

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP