Your Crowning Glory

So, the other day, I was sick on the couch. Fun, huh? But really...it was terrible. I hate getting the throw-up flu (plus a tiny fever)! But anyway...to the point - I watched Princess Diaries while I was sick. Both of them. And one scene I like in Princess Diaries 2 is when Julie Andrews (one of my favorite actresses) is singing the song "Your Crowning Glory." I looked up the lyrics and was pleasantly surprised at them.

"Some girls are fair
Some are jolly and fit
Some have a well-bred air
or a well-honed wit

Each one's a jewel
with a singular shine
a work of art
with it's own rare design

Dear little girl,
you are terribly blessed
But it's your heart of gold
I love the best

And that will be your crowning glory
your whole life through
It'll always be your crowning glory
The most glorious part of you

Some boys can waltz
Some guys can groove
Strike an elegant pose
With the really hip clothes
Some seem to have no faults
But we never like those
No we don't
He'll praise your eyes
Your melodious laugh
Call you more lovely than others by half
The one who's right
My gorgeous prince
Will be honest and true
He'll believe in me too
And prize your heart of gold the way I do

He'll know that will be your crowning glory your whole life through
Your love will see that it's your crowning glory
The most glorious part of you and you
and you
and you

That will be your crowning glory
Darling when they tell your story
They'll call your heart of gold your crowning glory
The most glorious part of you." - "Your Crowning Glory," Princess Diaries 2
Pretty cool, huh? Like I was talking about in one of the previous posts, The One Who Will Pursue You, guys may sugar-coat their words, but the one who will really pursue you and love you and be there for you will love your heart over your looks, and - MOST importantly - will love God over you. And as this song says, all girls are treasures of God. All deserve to be desired and cared for and pursued. And even if guys don't do that (and even if they DO), God will. He already does!

Oh, and one more thing...I prayed not to get sick. I really did NOT want to throw up. But I did. But you know what? I don't blame God for that. I know He allows stuff for reasons that sometimes only He knows. But I do thank Him for healing me.

Here are a few Bible verses to ponder...

Matthew 8:13
Then Jesus said to the centurion, “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

Matthew 9:22
Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.” And the woman was healed at that moment.

Psalm 37:4
Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

1 Chronicles 29:18
LORD, the God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Israel, keep these desires and thoughts in the hearts of your people forever, and keep their hearts loyal to you.

1 Peter 3:3-4
Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
Talia

Amy  – (April 5, 2011 at 1:30 PM)  

nice post, talia. thanks!!
Hope you are feeling back to normal.
And HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! :-)

Bookworm  – (April 5, 2011 at 1:34 PM)  

I'm so sorry that u got sick!! Glad u r better now.

Yea, I love that song from the Princess Diaries too! I never really listened 2 the lyrics.

Emii  – (April 5, 2011 at 2:31 PM)  

I absolutely love those movies. Wow, and that's so true, Talia! And thankyou for reminding me. I needed it.

"Jesus turned and saw her. “Take heart, daughter,” he said, “your faith has healed you.”

I love that verse. I have it underlined in my Bible.

Talia  – (April 5, 2011 at 5:32 PM)  

Amy, thanks so much!

Bookworm, I thought the lyrics were cool!

Emii, yeah, I love those movies too! That is an AWESOME verse!! I love it. It's a great reminder of what faith can do. ♥
God bless.

Love,
Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP