When it's a "No"

A little while ago, I sent in a book proposal to a publishing company to see if they would be interested in publishing my book Tania's Faith, which I wrote through NaNoWriMo. Well, I got a reply today...and it's a no. It turns out, the publishing company that I sent my query letter to is mainly based on publishing Christian living and missions...but not much fantasy/fiction. Honestly, though, I'm not mad. Disappointed, a little bit, but not mad. I mean, if it's a "no", then it must not have been God's perfect will, right? Romans 8:28 says this:

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

Let's check out Jeremiah 29:11-13...

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

It's not always gonna be a "yes." In fact, a lot of the time we will receive "no's" in our life. But when we DO get "yes's", we praise God. What do we do when we get "no's"? Praise Him. Either way, God has an amazing plan for YOUR life, no matter if you get a "yes" or "no" to something you want to do. I'm gonna keep trusting God to do what He wants with my book, and I'll keep trusting that He knows what He's doing. 'Cause He so does, doesn't He? I'm not gonna get super angry and upset over this "no." I know that God has something better in mind and in store for me...and for you, too.  

Emii  – (April 13, 2011 at 2:26 AM)  

That's right, Talia. We just gotta let go and trust Him. Because He knows what He's doing..

Kels  – (April 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM)  

No's are hard to hear. I know! I just heard one a couple days ago, and it hurts, but that just means it's not what God wanted me to do. And I can move on. :)
I am praying for you, for the hope of another publishing company accepting your book. God is in control!!
Have a lovely day Talia. big hugs. xxxx~Kelsey

lexi  – (April 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM)  

I totally agree with Emii! I know God has big plans for your life!!! That was really a great post:)

Talia  – (April 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM)  

Thank you, girls! As you all said, God does have big plans, and He is in control!

Bookworm  – (April 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM)  

Keep trusting God, Talia! :)
I know if you continue writing, you will make a great author! You already are. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP