Lybecker Concert

Last night, the band that me, my sister Haley, and our friends Kylie and Brent are in (CryOut) opened for a Lybecker concert! It was really fun. Before the concert, a lot of us were really stressed and there was a tiny bit of conflict in the band. But you know what? The concert went GREAT, and I know that must've been a God-thing!!! We played 5 songs - "The Lost Get Found" by Britt Nicole, "After the World" by Disciple, "You Are For Me" by Kari Jobe, "I Will Praise You" (not sure who by), and "Better" by my sister Haley!! The other opening band was also a local band, Set Apart. They played guitar really well. Anyway, I thought I'd share with you how our band got the name "CryOut"...

So, my dad thought of the name CryOut, and the three other band members really liked it. But here's the thing...I didn't. Being stubborn and picky, I did not like the name! So, while the other band members (along with our moms) were pondering the name, I went into the restroom (we were at our homeschool co-op) and prayed and really thought about it. And then, it must've been a God-thing, but I changed my mind and came out and said, "Okay, I decided I do like the name." It turns out, while I was in the restroom thinking and praying about the name, the other band members asked our friend Rob (he's in Set Apart), "Hey, Rob, what should we name our band?" And Rob, unknowing of our pondering the name "CryOut", said, "Remember that verse that says that if we don't praise God, the rocks will cry out." He had just suggested the name CryOut completely unaware of my dad's suggestion of the name. That was such a God-thing! Seriously! He changed my heart and also confirmed that CryOut was the right name for us. So that's where the name CryOut was 'born' :-).

Here's the verse where we got our name!

Luke 19:40
“I tell you,” he replied, “if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out.”

Here is a picture of our band with Lybecker...


















Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP