Let's Run This Race

Have you ever stopped a few minutes to think that...wow, God is amazing. And we are so undeserving of His love. The Bible says that God is watching us, and I believe that He is. And it is a reassuring, yet a little bit nerve-racking thought that God knows everything we say. Everything we do. Even everything we think. But He still loves us. Isn't that something? Isn't it just amazing how much we are loved by our perfect Creator? Wow. God is so amazing and good! If He didn't love you, He wouldn't have died for you. But He did. If Jesus didn't love you, He wouldn't have made creation so beautiful for you to enjoy and to show you that He is real and that He loves you. But He did. If He didn't love you, He wouldn't be here right now watching over you while you are reading this post. But He is. And here's the thing...if I were God, which I'm not, but just saying...if I were God, I think I'd probably be done with me by now. Disgusted by my thoughts, actions, words, desires, and schemes. Saddened and angry at the thought that I would choose other "gods" over the one true God. I probably would spit me out of my mouth. Yeah. But, when I think of just how good and gracious and loving and understanding and caring and all-powerful and always-there God is, I feel very thankful...Wow. God is incredible. And I don't deserve His love. Not at all. But He died on that cross for me...for you...for that kid at youth group that I passed by until someone introduced us...the kid I didn't say hi to...the boy I was mean to...my best friends...my family...my relatives...everybody. And because of the amazing love that God has shown me, I can shine His light to others, and that's an amazing opportunity. But so many times I have let it slip, let it pass, said, "I can't do it." I've heard that Little Voice inside my head, and I've ignored it. But I shouldn't. With such an amazing Light, think of this amazing opportunity that we have! In a moment, if someone asked, "If you were God, would you love you and adore you as much as He does?" I might say yes without thinking it through. But really, if I DO think it through, I am reminded of my faults...of things I wish I could erase...of HAPPENINGS I wish I could erase. But then I need to remind myself, "God has forgiven me and forgotten this wrongdoing." To me, sometimes it seems impossible that God could FORGET my wrongdoing after I asked Him to forgive me! WOW!!! Forgive and forget. I know a lot of times we can use this saying (or hear it), and say, "Oh, yeah, I forgive..and I'll forget it, too," but really, I KNOW that I don't always forget it. Others' wrongdoings (and my own) creep into my thoughts and remind me that, hey, remember what happened? Remember what so-and-so did? How come you forgave them? Why don't you bring it up again? But that is the WRONG thing to do. Everybody makes mistakes. There is not one person other than Jesus Christ Himself who hasn't sinned. And we all deserve to go to hell, to be blunt. But because Jesus loves us so much and wants us to be with HIM when we die, and not in a place of eternal death, pain, and punishment, He died for us. He took our sin upon His shoulders and carried it to the cross...and died there, with our sin heavily sitting on Him. He took the beating for us. He took the spear in the side for us. He bled for us. He was nailed to a cross for us. Love doesn't get any more real than that. And we worry about silly things like how our hair looks, if we fit in, if that guy likes us, if our best friend is ditching us, if we're gonna make good grades, if we're gonna be popular, if we could just lose ten pounds...when really our main goal in life should be to point others to the love of Jesus. We are so undeserving, but He is so gracious. And I'm not writing this post to make you feel terrible about yourself. I'm writing this post so that we can remember how great God is, and thank Him for that. Let's tell others the good news of God's love, and let's be an example to other people in our actions, words, thoughts...lives.

 Hebrews 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Let's tell the whole world the good news that Jesus saves, Jesus is alive, Jesus loves, and Jesus wants to know them. Let's throw off everything that hinders (sin) and run the race of life Jesus has marked out for us with an eternal prize in sight...being with our perfect Savior Jesus forever.

lexi  – (April 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM)  

Talia - I totally agree. It's just indescribable how much God loves us. That's awesome! I also try to bring back up my mistakes, but I have to remember that God forgives and forgets. Thanks for the great post!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP