I Sang Today!

The post title pretty much explains it. I sang today! This week two very nice people (Dan & Anita Almich) are doing a drama camp for our co-op. And after camp today, they opened it up for the kids to sing in front of them, if they wanted to. So I sang with my sister (who was very quiet...I know it was purposeful!). Here's the thing...I don't sing in front of people other than my voice teacher. I don't. When I was eleven, I sang an original song in front of our co-op for the co-op talent show. The song was titled "I Love You" and was about how God sees us. Well, I watched a video playback of the performance and was terribly embarrassed. I sounded terrible (at least, in my opinion). Ever since then, I have not done solos in front of other people. But recently, I started lessons. And I got up and sang in front of Dan and Anita today, along with a few other people in our "audience." And I'm glad that I did. Even though I keep telling my sister and mom that "I'm not a singer!" I'm glad I got up there and sang. Dan said I needed to have some confidence, but otherwise had a very nice, smooth voice, which was a big compliment to me. And I keep telling my sister and mom, "There's a difference between a person who can sing on tune and a singer!" but they won't agree ☺. I guess I am a singer. Anyone who sings is a singer, I guess. But I just don't like singing in front of other people.  But anyway, sorry this is a kind of random post...what I'm getting at is that I'm glad I conquered this fear! Remember that with God, we can do anything! All things are possible for and with Him! (Philippians 4:13)


God loves you!

Talia

Bookworm  – (April 27, 2011 at 7:11 AM)  

That is so cool that you sang in front of other people! I would never have the guts to do that!

Talia  – (April 27, 2011 at 8:22 AM)  

Tee hee! Thanks! I REALLY DON'T like singing in front of people, but I felt better after I started. Plus my sis sang with me (although VERRYYYYY quietly), so that helped too :).
With God, all things are possible!
TAlia

Sarah  – (April 27, 2011 at 11:49 AM)  

You have an AMAZING voice, Talia! Love ya lots!

lexi  – (April 27, 2011 at 2:58 PM)  

Talia - That's SO cool! Yeah, I'm like you. I used to sing solos in church often, but I haven't since the Christmas play last year! (I thought I sounded like a mouse or something!) Anyways, I'm glad you sang today!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP