God Wants to KNOW You

Monica sighed as she flopped onto her bed with her history book. "Boring, boring, boring," she said aloud. Monica detested all homework - except music. That was her thing, her hobby, her talent. And she loved it. But history? "Nuh-uh," she said as she gave another exasperated sigh. "All it talks about is people who lived way-back-when and did 'important' stuff. Nothing that any of these people did really applies to ME, though. I bet George Washington and Columbus and Shakespeare didn't have the same problems I do." She shook her head and turned to the assigned page. "Besides," she went on, still talking to herself, "if someone wrote information about me in a book, I'm sure it wouldn't tell readers a thing about who I really am. Readers don't KNOW the people in the books, so what good is it to read them?" She scanned the page. On it was a picture of Rosa Parks. Probably another lady who was nothing to do with me! she thought. But as she read, the story drew her in. She decided to read aloud. After all, Mom and Dad were working, and Mandy was at her friend's house, so Monica was alone at the house. No one would hear her reading aloud or talking to herself. "'Rosa Parks was an African-American born on February 4th, 1913, in Tuskegee, Alabama. Her family consisted of-" Monica stopped. "Let's just skip to the good stuff," she said, turning the page. "'On December 1st, 1955, when Rosa was 42 years old, she refused to give up her rightful seat on the bus for a white passenger. Rosa parks was then arrested-" Monica stopped again. Maybe this story was worth reading.
        After finishing the story of Rosa Parks, Monica pondered the story. "Huh," she said. "I wish I knew Rosa Parks. But even if she was still alive, and even if Mom and Dad would let me go meet her - cause we live in the same state, after all - I'm sure she wouldn't want anything to do with someone like me. After all, she's, like, this celebrity. I'm just Monica."
It has been so long since I have written a story as an analogy! But I think this may be a good example of how so many people desire to know God and to know Someone bigger than themselves. Some of us dream of knowing celebrities or famous people from history (even if we despise most of our homework, like Monica). But many of us think that God is UN-knowable. Or maybe we know lots of information ABOUT God, but don't really have a personal relationship with Him. First of all, before we cover HOW to have that relationship wtih Jesus, let me tell you something very important - God WANTS to know you. Check out this verse, where Jesus is praying to God, the Father, for all believers.

John 17:24-25
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
   25 “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you[e] known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

Don't you see? God wants to know you. He created you, and He knows everything about you - your quirks, dreams, wishes, secret desires, hurts, resent, everything! He knows about all of the pain you've gone through (or are going through), and He wants to be there for you through all of that. He IS there for you through all of that. But the problem comes in where we don't have a personal relationship with Jesus. I don't believe that people "find" Jesus. He is always there. He's waiting for you to run to Him. But how, how can you have a personal relationship with Jesus?

Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

It's as simple as that! And you can start a personal relationship with Jesus by doing that, and also by spending time with God and in His Word. He really does care about everything that goes on in your life. He wants to be your best friend, your perfect, always-there Father!

This verse sums it up so well...

1 John 3:1
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

God desires to know you! Make that decision to follow God today - to know HIM and not just know the facts.

Talia

Sarah  – (April 9, 2011 at 2:38 PM)  

Awesome post, Talia! I loved your story too! <3 ya!

Bookworm  – (April 10, 2011 at 10:27 AM)  

What a cool post! I just got back from a mini church camp, and it kinda talked about what u said in your post too! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP