The Bigger Picture

I know I already posted today (like, a few minutes ago), but I was just looking at the post "What Do I Do, God?" from October 2010 (click post name to go to it). In the post, I was saying how I was working outside gardening to raise money so I could sponsor a child through Compassion International. But the child that I wanted to sponsor wasn't showing up on the site anymore. I was really disappointed. And I wanted to sponsor a child from Ethiopia, and they didn't have many girls. Well, one day, I checked the Ethiopia section of the site. Well, there were a lot of boys (mostly older), and one girl, a 7-year-old named Fasika. I was ecstatic! My adopted sister's name is Fasika! I showed my mom, and we both agreed that this was God's will, and so now I sponsor Fasika, who is now 8. Wow! When I look back, I realize that God had an amazing plan, even if I didn't see it. It wasn't His will for me to sponsor another child. It was His will for me to sponsor little Fasika. And if we could just see the bigger picture, we could see how God answers prayer, how He loves and cares, and how He has a great plan for our lives.

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP