Interview with Emii K.!

Hey, girls! First of all, one of my favorite blogs is Girlz 4 God by Emii K. It's Christlike, interesting, and fun all at the same time. So-ooo...I thought I'd do an interview with the blog author, Emii!











When did you start writing?
I've always written -- full stop.

I heard that you participated in NaNoWriMo. How was that experience, and what were your feelings about your finished novel?
Ah, yes. Let's talk about NaNo 2009 -- because I totally gave up last year. Spending that month writing taught me that I really can accomplish something without giving up on it. Because commitment and perserverence aren't always my strongest qualities -- so I guess I kind of showed myself that, yeah, I can do this! My feelings about my finished novel... okay, so let's admit it; there's really not a lot going on. Or, uh, there is -- just not related to anything else. No plot -- but then, NaNo taught me to get the words on the page. Now I'm learning about how to actually write the book.

What is your favorite genre of book to write?
Is there a title for everyday teenage fiction? YA Fiction, right? Well, that's what I like to write -- let's call it Christian teenage fiction. :)

Do you like reading?
Like it? I LOVE reading!

What type of books do you like to read?
I love to read what I love to write. Christy Miller and Robin Jones Gunn's other books... the Real Life books by Nancy Rue -- as well as the good old Lily books and everything else by her -- and the Carter House Girls by Melody Carlson... Stephanie Morrill's books... and, oh, there is so much more.

If you could co-author a book with anyone, who would it be?
Probably Nancy Rue. I love her writing style, and I think I'd get along really well with it -- if that makes any sense!

Who is your main inspiration for writing?
Well, Jesus. Jesus is the reason I live, the reason I do what I do, the reason I aspire to make the decisions I make. I live my life for Him.

If you could describe your writing as a type of music, what would it be?
A type of music? Wow, I love this question! But I'm going to have to think... you know, probably folk. It's cool, but different -- interesting, but not totally like everything you hear.

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring one book, which book would you choose?
The Bible -- I'd never survive without it. And I would survive with it.

Have you ever based happenings or characters in your story on real things that have happened to you and people you know?
Yes! I like to insert things that happen to my friends -- good and bad -- and funny things that we've talked and laughed about... and things I've felt, like when I've been lonely or happy or content.

What is your favorite Bible verse?
I have a lot of favorites. The one that probably means a lot to me is Galations 2:20; because it tells me that I belong to God, and that I'm living by faith -- for Him. Psalm 62:8 and Jeremiah 29:11 -- as well as that one in Philippians, "I can do anything through Him who gives me strength" -- I also love.

What’s your advice for girls who want to write?
Take things you've learned, or felt, or experienced -- and sort of multiply it. Like a cartoon -- if someone has a long nose in real life, then you'll make it extra long in a cartoon -- to get your point across. If your character is feeling like they're all alone, make us really see it -- by making them do something that you probably wouldn't normally do, but it is possible -- just not in your life. Like taking a plane to Alaska to start a new life.

Thanks so much for the interview, Emii!

God bless all of you girls!

Photobucket

Emii  – (March 1, 2011 at 1:30 PM)  

Thanks so much for having me over here, Talia! I'm honoured. And I love your new background!:)

Talia  – (March 1, 2011 at 3:22 PM)  

Thanks for doing it, Emii!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP