Happy Late Birthday to my Mom...and an Earthquake

First of all, I want to say happy late birthday to my mom! I love you very much and hope you had a great day. Thank you so much for all you do! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Secondly, please be in prayer for those in Japan and Hawaii. There was a large earthquake in Japan this morning, killing 200 or more people. It's been reported that this is the 5th largest earthquake since 1900. There was also an earthquake and tsunami in Hawaii, so please be in prayer for them also. There have been tsunami warnings for parts of WA, OR, and CA, but so far there has been no tsunami. This morning, my great friend Sarah N. called to make sure we were OK and to pray for us (since we live in OR). I just wanted to say thank you to Sarah, her mom, and her whole family for praying for us and for being great friends. Sarah, you don't know how much it means to me. Thank you so much! ♥
Here are a few photos from weather.com of Japan.








































































I can't help but feel for the people in Japan and feel discouraged that, like, stuff in the 'blogging world' is just going on as if nothing happened. I know some of you didn't know about the earthquakes and tsunamis, and I'm not saying it's wrong to post fun stuff, I'm just saying it's hard to go on like nothing happened. And that gets me wondering...why should I? Why do we say, "Aw, that's sad," and then do nothing about it and go on as if nothing even happened? It gets me thinking...an earthquake can really shock you into reality. Hundreds of lives were lost this morning. Many of those people probably were not Christians. Why don't we go out and reach the world and tell them about Jesus? I believe that one person can change the world. Do you?

It really gets to me that we're worried about stuff like what our hair looks like, what clothes we have, and who likes us. But seriously, what on earth does it matter when there are people dying around the world? And why is it that when someone we know or someone our friend or family knows dies, we get all sad and go to their funeral and then go on as if nothing happened? Think about it. If that person were watching you (not saying that they are, but hear me out), would they feel worth it when they saw you go on as if you never even knew them? I wonder if that's how Jesus felt when He died. What if there were some people who just went on as if nothing had happened? Romans 12:15 says: "Rejoice with those who rejoice, and mourn with those who mourn." Help out a friend if they have lost a loved one. Cherish the time you have with the people around you. And tell the world that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, who was, and is, and is to come.

Talia

Kels  – (March 11, 2011 at 10:05 AM)  

I saw that this morning. Very scary and I will certainly have them all in my prayers. :)

Happy birthday to your mom!
Have a great weekend. xxxx~Kelsey

Hannah  – (March 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM)  

Happy Birthday to your mom!!
I will definitely be praying for those who were affected by the earthquake!
God bless!

Mary  – (March 11, 2011 at 10:49 AM)  

I will (and have been) praying!

lexi  – (March 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM)  

Yeah, I heard about the earthquake. It's awful, and I will definitely be praying!

Sarah  – (March 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM)  

So true, Talia. I called you cuz I wanted to make sure you were ok! So glad you are! Praying for everyone who lost a loved one and the people who had everything they owned destroyed. I'm also praying that they will see the love of Jesus Christ, our Savior through this! Love ya, Tal!

Hannah  – (March 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM)  

this blog is so inspiring. :) and totally true. one person can change the WORLD. And in my oipinion, thats pretty sweet. :) praying. :)
Hannah G

Talia  – (March 12, 2011 at 2:02 PM)  

Thank you so much, Hannah. And you're right; it IS pretty sweet that just one person (Wth God, of course) can change the world! And thank you as well, Sarah, for calling me. I am blessed! And that is GREAT that you are praying that they will see Jesus; let's do that, too, girls <3.
Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP