The Concert Last Night

Last night, CryOut (the band that me, my sis, my friend, and her bro are in) opened for a concert by Sean Lea, the Radiance Effect, and The New Divide. I had never heard of those bands before, but we wanted to anyway. And let me tell you, it was great! The other bands did great, too. One thing that the lead singer of New Divide said really made me sad. He said there was a 14-year-old girl named Shiley that came to one of their concerts, bought a t-shirt, had fun...and then later, after they left, some people who knew Shiley found her hanging from her ceiling fan. She had taken her own life. So let me just ask one thing...Why are we so afraid to reach the world when there are people out there who feel that they are not worth living one more second? I fall into the trap of "I'll look weird if I talk to them about Jesus" or "No, I'm not gonna reach out to that person," but really, why NOT? Embarrassment won't last forever. Neither will the smirks and laughs that you may get for telling others about Christ. But the things that you do for CHRIST will last. I guarantee it.




Talia

Emii  – (March 22, 2011 at 12:06 AM)  

Thanks for this, Talia. I forget this all the time...

Luv,Emii

Hannah :)  – (March 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM)  

wow. all i can say is wow.
and that its so true.

Talia  – (March 23, 2011 at 7:25 PM)  

Thank you for your comments, Hannah and Emii. It's a hard truth, but things like this happen every day. But it's an amazing thing to know that we cna change the world...for Christ ♥.

Emii  – (March 23, 2011 at 7:30 PM)  

We really can, can't we? When we're in this together... we really can do things for Christ. I'm reading Acts right now, and Paul seriously just gave his entire life to Jesus. He just travelled around, telling people about Jesus and why they should give their lives to Him. He really did give Jesus his whole life... I need to do that. What's so appealing about living for this world? I know -- comfort, smiles, laughing, a great time. Jesus? There's persecution. Doesn't the Bible say that if we're living for Jesus, with our whole heart and life... we'll be persecuted? We have to be willing to give Jesus our whole life... Galations 2:20 is one of my life verses, and it talks about this, I think.

Luv,Emii

Talia  – (March 24, 2011 at 8:44 AM)  

You're right, Emii...we DEFINITELY can. Galatians 2:20 says: 20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Isn't that amazing? We really CAN make a difference. One example that I really like and admire is Rosa Parks. She changed so much just by refusing to give up her seat on the bus when tit was rightly hers. Corrie and Betsy ten Boom. George Muller. Jacob DeShazer. Jim and Elisabeth Elliot. And so many others who the world has yet to hear their name. We can change the world. Thanks for your input, Emii <3.
Love with prayers,
Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP