Breathe in Deep...'Cause God's Got a Plan

Have you ever been super stressed over something? I most certainly have. Even when you keep reminding yourself that it's gonna go great or that you're gonna be fine, and you really know that deep down, you still worry and get stressed out. Jazzie over at Velvet Lace posted some great verses from Jeremiah 29 on her blog (I encourage you to check it out). They talk about how God has a perfect plan for us - a plan to prosper us and NOT to harm us. And you know something that helps us get through those stressful times? The reminder that God has a great plan, even if we can't see it right now. Even if His plan seems so distant or blurred that we have trouble believing in its existence, we need to believe that God has a plan - 'cause He does.     

Here are a few Bible verses that talk about God's great plan and about giving everything we've got to Him...worries, cares, thoughts, everything. 'Cause He really cares, and He really wants you to talk to Him. Honest.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Matthew 6:27-28
Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Matthew 6:33-34
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Joshua 1:9
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Psalm 33:11
But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.

Psalm 139:17
How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them!

Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

Remember that God has a perfect plan for your life - for GOOD! He loves you so much! If we listen and follow His plan, He will do great things!

Talia

Jazzie  – (March 26, 2011 at 9:04 PM)  

Thanks, sweet girl! I'm so glad you loved it. All the glory goes to God. He truly has been speaking to me in such an awesome way lately. I hope I can continue to inspire you as you do to me:).
xxo, Jazzie

Emii  – (March 27, 2011 at 2:09 PM)  

Thanks for posting those verses, Talia. I love the one about worrying -- it doesn't add anything to your life... except stress ;)

lexi  – (March 28, 2011 at 2:21 PM)  

Talia - Wow! You have no idea how much this post meant to me. For the past couple of weeks and months I've been the worrying queen. I've been worrying about anything and everything, and I know I don't need to do it. This post was so inspiring and has brightened my day! Thanks SO much!

Talia  – (March 28, 2011 at 4:45 PM)  

Isn't it amazing how God knows exactly what we need? I am quite a worrier sometimes, too. Thanks for commenting, girls (it really means a lot). I'm so glad that God is working in your lives, too. And Emii, you are absolutely right - the only thing that worry adds to your life is stress - something we definitely DON'T need!
Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP