Your Secret Sin

I recently read a snippet of wisdom out of an awesome and inspiring devotional book I'm reading, A Young Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George. In the SOW (Snipped of Wisdom), she says...

"Becoming more like Christ is a process of spiritual growth that requires dealing with sin. And taking the confession of sin seriously during prayer time moves that process along, causing us to purge our life of practices that are not pleasing to God. Now, do what I did (and still do). Pinpoint one practice in your life that you know is not pleasing to God, a practice or habit that is, in fact, directly opposed to His Word...Then pray about it - every day. (Pray about it every minute of every day, if you have to!) And confess it to God when you fail. Ask God to help you create a plan of action to radically remove it from your life."

Wow! When I was reading this, I thought of one thing that I know is wrong, yet I do it anyway. I'm working on handing that over to Jesus, because I know He's got a plan. It's like writing your secret sin on a piece of paper marked "confidential." You don't want anyone to see it. In fact, you think you'd die if someone did! But what we need to learn to do is to take that "confidential" paper with your "favorite" secret sin, and hand that over to Jesus. With God, all is possible. Just trust Him; He won't let you go. And He can handle that secret sin. It isn't too big to conquer Him. And if you trust in Jesus, it won't be too big to conquer you, either.


Photobucket

Sarah  – (February 2, 2011 at 7:55 AM)  

I'm so glad you're enjoying the book! That was a hard thing for me to read when I got to that point in the book. I kinda forgot to pray about it after a while, so THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PUTTING THIS ON HERE! Talia, you are an amazing girl, and I am so glad I know you and we can be on this journey together to become more like Jesus! Love you so much!

Talia DeAndrea  – (February 2, 2011 at 12:56 PM)  

Sarah, thank you so much for your encouragement. You have helped keep me accountable and have been really encouraging. Thank you for recommending the book to me; it's awesome. I'm so glad I'm on this journey with you as a great firend, too! Love you too! And please know that you have helped ME become more Christlike by YOUR actions, attitude, and spiritual wisdom and maturity. So thanks, Sarah <3.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP