Listening to That Little Voice

Ever heard a little voice in your head and thought, I know what I'm supposed to do? Or maybe not a voice, just an inside-nudge or feeling that you should do something? I know I have. And I know I always, always regret it if I don't listen to that Little Voice. I heard it at the park. A couple kids were playing in the sand, and I had a nudge inside to go and ask them, "Hey, you wanna hear a story?" then tell them about Jesus. But you know what? I didn't. And we left the park. And I regret it. When I was at the store with a friend and we were buying a newspaper, I felt a nudge tell me to say, "God bless you," to the utility clerk when we were leaving. But I didn't. And I regret it.

I also remember times that I have listened to that Little Voice. I introduced myself to a girl at the orthodontist. I talked when I felt shy. I spoke up at summer camp when we were sharing things we had learned. I told my friend that I'd pray for her when she was going through a hard time.

Have you ever heard that little voice or felt that little nudge? I'm sure we all have at one time or another (or will soon, that's for sure). But you know what? I think that voice is God. Really. When you know that you should do the right thing, even though others are encouraging you to go with the flow, I think that's God telling you to do what's right. I know it can be a LOT tougher listening to that little voice, but when we do, it will be rewarding, even if we don't think so at the time. Here's are a few quotes from dailychristianquote.com that I think apply.

 "We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

"We can walk without fear, full of hope and courage and strength to do His will, waiting for the endless good which He is always giving as fast as He can get us able to take it in." - George Macdonald

"Beloved, I say, let your fears go, lest they make you fainthearted. Stop inspiring fear in those around you and now take your stand in faith. God has been good and He will continue to manifest His goodness........ Let us approach these days expecting to see the goodness of the Lord manifest. Let us be strong and of good courage, for the Lord will fight for us if we stand in faith." -  Francis Frangipane

"The badge of courage does not require that we walk through something dangerous. It simply requires that we continue to share God's love whenever and wherever we are." - Tom White

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin." - Mother Teresa
"The beautiful thing about this adventure called faith is that we can count on Him never to lead us astray."
- Charles (Chuck) Swindoll

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God, who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed." - Brother Lawrence

It's wise to listen to that Little Voice. After all, God has many ways of showing us His love and His will. And I'm sure this is one of them.


Photobucket

Hannah  – (February 4, 2011 at 3:13 PM)  

you said it Talia! God is SO awesome!!! and i HAVE been hearin' that voice. for the same thing too. but i'm lazy and SO full of fear. I know God will help but...i dunno. is this wrong?

Mary  – (February 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM)  

Yes, i have felt that, and like you, i didn't listen to it and i regret it. Fully and completely. God bless you Talia.

Mary

Talia DeAndrea  – (February 5, 2011 at 3:12 PM)  

God IS awesome, huh? You know what, Hannah? When you hear the little voice, a good thing to remember is to imagine God sitting and waiting for you to talk to Him and obey Him. Just imagine Him like you would a BFF..cuz I know I wouldn't want to keep my friends waiting! God's really the judge of whether your actions are wrong or not, not me, and He is incredible and amazing, and He can do great things with you guys...even help you overcome your fear of listening to That Voice. It's something I need to work on too, but I know spending time with God is helping me.
Thanks for your comments, girls <3.
Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP