Days, I Guess :-)

Sorry for the sorta-lame title! On other blogs, they're doing this thing were they post a different thing each day. I'm not sure where I found the list, but I guess I'll just see what to post about on other blogs :-).

As for today, well...I have some catching up to do! So sorry that today's post is going to be, like, over 5 days! I hope it won't usually be like that! :-)

Oh, wait! I found the list! OK, nevermind the randomness of the above paragraph :-). Thanks!


Day 1: A Favorite Song
Okay, I've gotta say...I looove the song One Life to Love by 33Miles (click the name to go to a site where you can hear a sample & buy it, if you want). It touches me so deeply and makes me so sad when I hear it, even though it doesn't apply to me personally. But I know that it does apply to some people, and that makes me very sad! Nonetheless, this is definitely one of my favorite songs, and I totally recommend it. And actually, it does apply in the sense that sometimes I do waste moments that I wish I could get back. We only have one life to love. We don't know when we're going to die. So what are you gonna do with this life? Where are you gonna go when you die?  














Day 2: A Favorite Movie
Wow, there's a bunch!! I like Hannah Montana: The Movie (don't approve of her music and some of her shows and stuff, but I still like the movie), Kung Fu Panda ("Po? He can't even touch his toes." "Or see his toes!"), Meet the Robinsons (Eeee! Love that movie!), Veggietales (mentally singing theme song), Disney/Pixar movies, Lord of the Rings, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, Lord of the Rings, Inkheart, and...I know....Narnia!!! Yes, like Anna from Sisters in the Savior, I am a big Narnia fan! I love all three of the movies! So, I'd say that Narnia movies are my faves :). And, like Anna said, Aslan reminds me of Jesus a loooot! And I love how the movies are allegorical in lots of ways and quietly shout, "Jesus!" Awesome!








Day 3: A Favorite Book
Another toughie to just pick one!! Again, there are lots! Right now I like The Lucy Series by Nancy Rue, but I also LOVE the Left Behind: The Kids Series by Jerry B. Jenkins and Tim LaHaye and lots more!!!!!!













Day 4: A Favorite TV Show
I have two, actually... firstly, The Cosby Show (although the earliest seasons were the best ones!)...secondly, Biggest Loser. I know, I know, you may be thinking, Why on earth would she want to watch a show where they yell at a bunch of overweight people in color-coded shirts?! But I think it's more than that. I know I may sound like the cheesiest person in the world, but this show is changing lives, and I think that's cool. Plus the challenges are fun :-). 





















Day 5: A Favorite Quote
After reading about Jim Elliot, Elisabeth Elliot, and others involved in and effected by Operation Auca, this quote has become one of my favorites...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

One other favorite is this...

"He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses much more; he who loses faith, loses all." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Day 6: A Moment I Wish I Could Relive
That's a tough one. There are lots of great moments, but also those that I would want to relive because I would want to change what happened. But I know that God has a plan. Here, lemme see... One moment I wish I could relive is probably the one at summer camp where we sang "How Great is Our God" around a campfire and my leader, Sandra, and dear, close friend Rachel wrapped their arms around my shoulders. God really is great. 













Day 7: Five Things You Couldn't Possibly Live Without
1. God. I know He's not a thing, but He's for real, and without Him, I'd be nothing.
2. Friends and family. OK, that's two, but still. Without my friends and family, I know I'd be terribly lonely and miserable. 
3. The Bible and devotional books. They're like handbooks when trials come.
4. Books. I know I could live without it, but I sure wouldn't want to. Reading is so fun, and it lets your mind attach to fun-filled characters who are flawed just like you are, who are learning something new, and who are going on a journey (physically, mentally, or spiritually) to find either themselves or a new faith in Christ that they didn't have before.  
5. Music. Christian music. Sweet, music, but still hip and 'funk' and makes you want to dance to it. A song for Christ. Something like "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath. Yeah. That's it.

Day 8: A Thank-You Letter to Someone Who Has Changed Your Life
Dear Jesus,
Thank you so much for all you've done for us. I know where I would be without you - in the pits of hell, to be blunt. You are so amazing, and I just wanna reach out and grab the love that you are offering, but sometimes I feel ashamed. I want to run to you, but I feel like I'm...you know, fine just as I am. But I'm not. I'm not perfect. I'm not holy. Not even close. I need to stop using this mindset. Thank you for being You, Jesus, because if You weren't you, then I wouldn't exist. If You didn't exist, and if You didn't care so much about me, I wouldn't be here. You are so good, God. Thank You for choosing to make me. You have truly changed my life. Thank you for those you have placed around me who are influencing me to be more like You, God. And thank you for your love and understanding and listening, God. Thank you for everything. And thank you for the sacrifice you made on that cross...for me. Thank you for your hope for the hopeless, mercy for the merciless, compassion for the undeserving, and love for the least of these and those who seem unlovable.
Your Daughter, Just as I am,
Talia

Sarah  – (February 8, 2011 at 3:01 PM)  

<3 it! btw, how do you change (... comment...)?????

lexi  – (February 9, 2011 at 10:56 AM)  

That is really awesome, Talia!!!:) I love your letter to Jesus BTW!

Talia  – (February 9, 2011 at 2:06 PM)  

Thanks, girls! Sarah, I'm not exactly sure what you mean...(?). Oops, I realized that I said 'Lord of the Rings' (LOTR) twice! Oopsie! Hehe. Oh, well.

Sarah  – (February 10, 2011 at 7:15 AM)  

your comments say 3 lovely comment(s). Mine says ___ Comments. How do you change that?

Talia  – (February 10, 2011 at 3:24 PM)  

Ohhh ok! Well, go to Design and then go to your blog layout. See the square that says 'Blog Posts' or something like that? Click 'edit' and then you should be able to edit that :).

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP