Catching Up on 'Days'...and a Confession

Firstly, my confession. I was going to take a week-long Internet break. I didn't. I didn't even last a whole two days. I used the excuse that, ok, I'm sick, it's okay if I go on my e-mail, but I won't answer a lot... Yikes, what a lame excuse. It's true, I was sick. It's true, I had a temperature over 100. It's true, I'm still "sniffly." But it's also true that I did the wrong thing. I know that it was my decision to do this 'bloggity break' thing, but I still feel like God wanted me to do it, too. And the fact that I didn't do it makes me feel like I've let Him down. But you know what? God can use my mistakes. He always can. In Genesis 50:19-20, Joseph says to his brothers (who sold him into slavery), “Don’t be afraid. Am I in the place of God? 20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives." Although I went on the Internet because I wanted to, God used that for GOOD! And He did that when I went on a blog I found on a friend's blog, Meditations of His Love. The most recent post was written by Rachel, and it was called "Changing." (click here to go to it) That really touched my heart, and I felt like God wanted me to read that. I highly encourage you to read it, too. And what I want you to get from this post is NOT to do the wrong thing on purpose, but to know that if you do mess up, God has a good plan and can change your mistakes and other people's mistakes for the better...for the glory of the LORD.

Now, I'm a little behind on the whole '28 Days' thing. For a little I was thinking about discontinuing doing them, because this blog shouldn't be about me. It should be solely about Jesus. But I think I am going to keep on doing the days, but using them to share God's glory. Hey, who said it couldn't be done?
So instead of these Days being about me, I want them to point to Jesus and His wonderful creativity and complex design. He is amazing!

I left off on Day 16, so I'll start on 17 and get caught up...

(check out the list of days here on ~With Love and Kisses~)

Day 17: An Art Piece.

Talia DeAndrea 2010.

I drew this picture last year of a girl 'jumping for joy,' and I think it's a great example of how GOD can give us true joy!

Day 18: A Time When You Felt Passionate and Alive. Hmm...let me see. It would probably be when I finished NaNoWriMo 2010. It was a huge accomplishment and I was thrilled to finish my novel.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Day 19: A Talent of Yours. OK, writing, I guess :-). But I wouldn't have that talent without God, obviously! And since He gave me a love for writing, I wanna use it for Him. I want to use my writing to lead others closer to Christ Jesus!

James 1:17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Day 20: A Hobby of Yours. Photography :-). I love taking pictures of God's beautiful creation! I mean, c'mon, need a reminder that God is amazing? Look around you (or look in the mirror)!

Genesis 1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Day 21: Something You Know You Do Differently Than Most People. Be me! God made me different than everybody else, and I like being uncommon :-).

Genesis 1:27
So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.

Day 22: A Website. Girlz 4 God. It's fun and God-glorifying at the same time!

Day 23: A Way In Which You Want to Be Remembered. As a girl who loves God. Without God, I'm nothing. I want to be remembered as His child, as someone who desperately desired to serve God (and DID), and someone who was convinced of her faith.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Day 24: A Movie No One Would Expect You to Love. Hmm...that's a toughie. Oh, I know! Love Comes Softly. I love that movie, even though usually I don't like love movies. But this one is great.

Day 25: A Recipe. Since I don't have time to post a "real" recipe now, I'll just post a dessert that is really yummy and not as unhealthy as some other desserts... What you need: Vanilla yogurt, grape-nut cereal, banana. What to do: Cut up the banana, but the yogurt on top, and sprinkle on the grape-nuts! You can add sugarfree whipped cream and chocolate syrup if you want, too :-)! This was "inspired" by my sis!

Day 26: A Childhood Memory. I remember watching 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at our homeschool co-op's overnighter. I know that's random, but I remember it!

That's it for now :-). Blessings on your day!

Psalm 97:1The LORD reigns, let the earth be glad; let the distant shores rejoice.
Isaiah 25:9
In that day they will say, “Surely this is our God; we trusted in Him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in Him; let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.”

Photobucket

Hannah  – (February 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM)  

your totally right Talia. And what a coincidence! i said i'd stay of the computer last week too...that is NOT what happened. and i felt just like you did! But your post just made me smile wider and wider as i read. its like you read minds! lol. ;) God is AMAZING. well i hope you feel better and post real soon!
hannah ;)

Hannah  – (February 27, 2011 at 11:15 AM)  

oh! and (sorry) i have a question. what happened to the sidebar that shown other blogs you like? theres no other way i know how to get there. (i'm not very tech. ;)Thanks!

lexi  – (February 28, 2011 at 2:02 PM)  

Hey Talia! I just wanted to let you know I got the prize in the mail! Thaks SO much for doing that! You are awesome! You're right, God can so use our mistakes to make good out of them:)

Talia  – (March 1, 2011 at 8:10 AM)  

You girls are really sweet, you know that? A big God-blessing :). Hannah, I'm so glad that this post meant so much to you! I'm not a mind-reader, but I'm so glad that God can use me and what I go through to help other girls in their life too (that's amazing and very flattering)!! You're welcome, Lexi :D. I hope you like it! And I agree; God is very good! Sorry, Hannah, when I changed blog designs {again} :) I took the blog list off. But it's there now, if you wanna check it out :D.
God bless!!
Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP