Songs That Inspire Me

I hope they'll inspire you, too.

"I wanna come closer, but I feel so out of place,
You're so beautiful, but I'm still ashamed,
That after all You've done, I've fallen from grace,
Are these hands I raise only raised in vain?
Then I hear Your whisper say,

'You can come as you are,
You can never fall too far,
You can run to my arms,
And I will heal your broken heart,
So come as you are.'

'Come to Me and I will love you more than you will ever know,
Come to Me and I will take you places you have never been before,
I love you more.'" - Come As You Are, Sixteen Cities

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear,
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms that hold on,
I won't turn back,
I know You are near

I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me,
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh, no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm,
Oh, no, You never let go,
In every high and every low,
Oh, no, You never let go,
Lord, You never let go of me,

And I can see the light that is coming,
For the heart that holds on,
A glorious light beyond all compare ,
And there will be an end to these troubles,
But until that day comes,
We'll live to know You here on the earth,

And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me,
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh, no, You never let go,
Through the calm, and through the storm,
Oh, no, You never let go,
In every high and every low,
Oh, no, You never let go,
Lord, You never let go of me." - You Never Let Go, Sung by Different Artists (I'm not sure of the original writer. I think it was Matt Redman, but I'm not sure.)

"My chains are gone,
I've been set free,
My God, my Savior, has ransomed me,
And like a flood, His mercy reigns,
Unending love, amazing grace." - Amazing Grace: My Chains are Gone (I think this version is by Todd Agnew...?)

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to know,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

It is well (it is well),
with my soul (with my soul),
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin, oh the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to His cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

And Lord haste the day, when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul." - It Is Well With My Soul, Horatio G. Spafford.

"I may never be the one who gets a second glance,
I may never be the one they call the prettiest,
But that's okay with me,

This world is like a trampoline,
High and low, no in between,
Jumpin' at the chance to please everyone,
But that's not me,

'Cause all that matters is, all that matters is,
I know Your love has set me free,
And that's all that matters to me." All That Matters, Addison Road.

"You are Someone's work of art,
Just the way you are,
And you're shining like the stars tonight,

All the pieces of your heart,
All the lovely scars,
Are Someone's work of art,
You're Someone's work of art." - Someone's Work of Art, Sixteen Cities.

"He never thought he cared so much about the minute hand,
Until he started praying for a second chance,
If he could only do it all again ,
He'd trade the long nights that he spent behind his desk,
For all he missed,

He tells his wife, "I wish that this moment in this room was not me dying, but just spending a little time with you."

You only get just one time around,
You only get one shot at this,
One chance to find out,
The one thing that you don't wanna miss,
One day when it's all said and done,
I hope you see that it was enough, this
One ride, one try, one life...
To love

She never thought she cared so much about those little hands,
That held on tight the day she left,
Til she was scared to death,
Sitting all alone on a hotel bed, the end of the road,
The sun had set on her big plans,
To feel young again

She picks up the phone, dials the number, hears that little voice,
That's haunted every single mile since she made that choice

You only get just one time around,
You only get one shot at this,
One chance to find out,
The one thing that you don't wanna miss,
One day when it's all said and done,
I hope you see that it was enough, this
One ride, one try, one life...
To love." - One Life to Love, 33 Miles.

Here's the chorus to song I'm writing.

"I know that you're crying tonight,
I know you feel a pain inside,
And you want to hide your face,

But trust Me,
I will never let you go,
I know you feel like there's no hope,
But I know where you are,
Yes, I know." - I Know, Talia.

God bless you, wherever you are.

lexi  – (January 26, 2011 at 2:47 PM)  

Wow, Talia! Those songs are REALLY inspiring - awesome!!!:D I really love your song! You're a GREAT songwriter!☺

Talia DeAndrea  – (January 26, 2011 at 3:01 PM)  

Thanks a bunch, Lexi!! My previous (and younger) attempts at song-writing have not been the greatest :). The words went something like this:

"Cause I am happy, happy, oh, so happy,
Very happy, to be here today,
Cause I am happy, happy, oh, so happy,
Very happy in a special way."

Yep! Haha! But God knew the meaning behind it :). Out of the above songs, which ones or one inspire you? "One Life to Love" always touches me so much!!! And it makes me sooo sad!

Sarah  – (January 27, 2011 at 6:49 AM)  

I love those songs, and just like lexi said, you are a great song writer! Have you put music to it?

Talia DeAndrea  – (January 27, 2011 at 10:21 AM)  

Thanks, girls!! That means a lot! Sarah, you are a great songwriter too! Yeah, I've put music to it. I still need to write the verses, and I think Haley is maybe going to help me with that. So yeah! Thanks again!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP