The Procrastinator! (duh duh duuuuuhhhh)

Tia lazily moved the covers aside and got out of bed. She looked at her bedside clock. It said 6:30 am. "Ugh," she groaned aloud. "Why do I have to wake up so early?" Seconds earlier, her mother had come in and woken her up, which did not make her happy. Just then, Tia's mom poked her head in the door. "Tia, I don't want to force you to do anything, but don't you think you should do your devotions today?" Tia shrugged. "Sure, Mom," she said so her mother would go. "I'll do them soon." Tia gave the clock another look. "Maybe after breakfast." She said. By dinnertime, Tia still hadn't done her devotions. "Well, there's always tomorrow," she said to her mother. But tomorrow came and went, and so did her thoughts of doing her devotions.

Have you ever procrastinated? I know I have (a loootttt!). Does God like procrastination? Well, I don't think he does. I think he should be our FIRST priority, not second or third...or dead LAST. If it seems like there's just not time for your devotionals or something else you need to do that is important, I suggest making time. God will wait for you. But don't you think procrastination hurts his feelings, just like it would hurt YOUR feelings if your best friend didn't want to spend time with you?


Photobucket

lexi  – (January 18, 2011 at 2:30 PM)  

Talia - you read my mind! Here lately, I have been kinda putting off doing my devotion and making excuses not to do it. I know I need to do it, but just think I have all the time in the world. However, I am constantly trying to do better with that.:) Thanks for the GREAT post! You rock!!! It's so great to have a nice Christian friend like you:)

Talia DeAndrea  – (January 18, 2011 at 5:25 PM)  

Lexi, that is really sweet of you! God is so amazing and kind, isn't he? Yes, I am SUCH a procrastinator! Today, too! I put off a lot...but it's really good to know that God is always waiting for me with His arms open. And that's really comforting. But I wish I didn't procrastinate as much :(. Thank you so much for your kind words. It's great to have a friend like you, too <3. Lots of love in Christ, Talia

Hannah  – (January 19, 2011 at 2:39 PM)  

Talia you must be a mind-reader! I'm having the same problem with stuff like this EXACTLY. I keep putting off on my bible-reading saying...i'll do it tommarow and yes, tomarrow comes and goes. And with eating healthier too. I am a gymnast and so i work out ALL the time. :) I love it, but whenever i eat healthy then see that good ol' chocolate bar, I stop myself and say...."i'll start fresh tomarrow!" i will NOT procrastinate on school work but...for some reason its different in those two areas. Sorry this is a way long comment and you probably didnt wanna hear it all but You guys are both amazing friends who are definetly all-out Christians and i admire that. :) Coolio post Talia! :D

Talia DeAndrea  – (January 19, 2011 at 5:35 PM)  

Wow, God's amazing, huh?? Yes, I am a real procrastinator. Don't worry, I love long comments! Hehe! Today I procrastinate with working out...urggghhhh! Enough procrastination!!! Thank you so much for sharing, Hannah. It's good to know that God is forgiving and also helps us!!
Love ya girls a whole lot,
Talia

Alliegator  – (January 21, 2011 at 11:16 PM)  

It's hard for me to read a devotion book everyday. Same with a Bible...

Talia DeAndrea  – (January 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM)  

Hey, Alliegator! Yeah, it's HARD, isn't it? But God can help us! I'm going to start committing myself to Jesus every single day when I wake up (if I remember). I think that will help me keep more focused on God!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP