Remembering

Christmas is just around the corner, and lately I've been remembering stuff my family and I have done this year. So much has gone on during 2010, and although there are trials that we go through every day, I believe that it is important to reflect on the good stuff that has happened. That helps us be thankful and realize that God is so good.

I think it's okay, as well, to reflect on the bad times, but not dwell on them. I don't think we should dwell on how we messed up if we are already forgiven, but we should dwell on how we have grown from that experience, or how we have learned something from that.

Here is a simple reflection of what I have learned this year or things I have gone through. I encourage you to make one, too (maybe in a journal or something). You could write down the names of each month, then under the name write stuff that went on in that month that you are proud of, that you were blessed with, or that you learned something from. You can decorate your list however you like.

This year, Girlz of God was published. The publishing of the book has helped me reach out to others and has also taught me about humility and humbleness.

At the beginning of the month, my family was blessed with the opportunity to go to Disneyland. Through that I grew closer to my family and made great memories.

In November, I was able to finish my NaNoWriMo novel. Through that, I learned about perseverance.

I go through times very often where I put God aside. I think, "Well, I'm a Christian, so I'm OK." But I'm not. Through these times I have learned to grow closer to God, to listen to Him, and to really live out my faith. This morning, I wrote a poem called 'Listen'. Here it is (sorry the spacing is somewhat strange. I don't know why it's doing that.)

Listen by Talia DeAndrea

God says, "Listen."

I say, "No."

I put Him aside,

Until I need Him,

But I've got to remember,

No matter what,

That I always need God!

Why have I been so stubborn?

Why have I turned away?

Why have I filled my heart with hatred,

Most likely every day?

I need to stop

I need to slow down

I need to really smile,

Not making my heart frown

I need to stop being fake

I need to stop using God for what I want

I need to pay attention to Him

I need to stop chasing worldly things

And going after foolishness that will not keep me truly joyful

I need to talk to God

I need to read His Word

I need to stop doing things my way

I need to love God above all else

I need to listen.

Although it is hard now, God will carry me

Although I go through trials, then will be rewarding

In the past few months, I have kept coming back to the same Bible verse, 2 Corinthians 4:8-9. It says:

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

As we reflect on the happenings of 2010, let us remember God's goodness for us, remember His love for us, remember that He wants to talk to us and is gently nudging us to come back to Him, remember that His arms are open wide for us, remember that He will carry us, no matter what.
Talia

Sarah  – (December 14, 2010 at 1:26 PM)  

Very true, Talia. How come you write a ton of things, and yet I get no entries for CKC from you? hmmmm..... ;)

Talia DeAndrea  – (December 14, 2010 at 2:04 PM)  

Thanks, Sarah. Wait, have you forgotten 'The Golden Locket'???

lexi  – (December 15, 2010 at 7:54 AM)  

That is a wonderful poem, Talia! I love that Bible verse:) I will definitely make a list - great idea!!☺

Sarah  – (December 15, 2010 at 7:54 AM)  

No, but you write a lot, and I get only a little from you. The Golden Locket will be in the next CKC. CKC came out today!

Talia DeAndrea  – (December 15, 2010 at 12:37 PM)  

Hehe, what would the CKC be if it were only filled with my writing? I think it's more interesting with an assortment lol. Thanks anyway, Sarah! I love CKC! Oh thanks Lexi!!! I like writing poems, even if they don't rhyme :).

Emii  – (December 15, 2010 at 1:05 PM)  

Wow, you're an amazing writer, Talia. Do you play guitar or piano or something? You could put music to your poem:)

Talia DeAndrea  – (December 15, 2010 at 1:26 PM)  

Aww, thanks Emii! I wasn't planning on showing anyone, but I guess it didn't work that way :). Yeah, I play guitar and piano. That's a great idea! Thanks, Em:D!

Sarah  – (December 15, 2010 at 1:33 PM)  

Then Haley, you, and me will have songs!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP