The Perfect Blog (or so it seems...)

'K, girls - gotta make a confession. Sometimes I go a little overboard trying to make my blog look 'perfecto'. I gotta make a button... I gotta have a lot of followers... I gotta have a lot of pageviews... My blog has gotta be the cutest... I have to make it interesting... Do you think some of those thoughts (or similar ones) on a regular basis? What I'm realizing is that it's OK to have a nice-looking blog. It's OK to want people to visit your blog. It's OK to want to have a lot of followers. But if what you say in your blog posts has absolutely zero eternal meaning, then what's the point?

A quote my dad and I like says:

"Only one life, 'twill soon be past;

Only what's done for Christ will last."

(not sure who it's by)

But what if we lived (and blogged) like that? Things on this earth will not last, but what is done for Christ will, including what you say on your blog. So even if you have 'The Perfect Blog' (in the world's eyes), what does God think about it? I think it's okay to have some silly and random posts, but God can use you through your blog to impact the world for Him. So what are you waiting for? No one has 'the perfect blog'. No one but God is perfect. But if we let God use us as we are, He can do incredible, amazing things.

And I want that.

Hannah  – (December 30, 2010 at 9:57 AM)  

great post Talia! really inspiring. :) and true. I KNOW God is smiling at you for what you do through your blog. :) It's amazing and for what its worth, i think your blog IS perfect. in God's way. :) so thanks. Thanks for bein' you.

Kristen  – (December 31, 2010 at 11:54 AM)  

Great thoughts to start a brand new year, honey. I love you!
Mom

Sarah  – (December 31, 2010 at 12:11 PM)  

Talia, your posts are always so encouraging! What you said is so true. I <3 ya! Keep loving Jesus! He's got big plans for you!

Haha the verification for this comment is singsar! Get it? ;)

Talia DeAndrea  – (December 31, 2010 at 7:58 PM)  

Thank you so much. Sarah, singsar! :) Hehe. Thank you for your encouraging words. Hannah, that means alot. Although I know I am SO not perfect, God can use me as I am, and for that I am grateful! Thank you, Mom. I love you, too (very much)!!!!!!!! Happy New Year.
In Christ Alone with Love,
Talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP