That Whole THANKFUL Thing!

So, what do you think about Thanksgiving?

Do you think of it as...
* A fun day to get together with relatives
* My time to eat turkey and other yum-a-licious foods
* No school!
* Chill-time with my friends
...or something else?

I know you've probably read lots of blog posts or heard lots of people talking about what they're thankful for. You may think: That's awesome! Now let me make a list of my 'thankfuls', too... Or maybe you're thinking: What's up with that? I can't think of a single thing to be thankful for. Thanksgiving is no big deal. Or maybe you're somewhere in between. Whatever the case, I think it is GOOD to know not only WHAT we are thankful for, but WHY we are thankful. Let's go out into the bloggity 'world' and see what other blog posts have to say...

On Nancy Rue's blog, Tween You and Me, Nancy writes: There's just a whole feeling of gratefulness that reaches beyond just going around the table saying what you're thankful for (while the gravy gets cold!)

Jordan of PureNRG writes: During our last show when we performed the song "BFF", I started thinking about the lyrics. It says "let the days unravel, let the years unfold, I can hardly wait to see what the miles ahead will hold". That was really amazing to me to rethink over these words again after singing that song for so long. As pureNRG comes to an end, it is really exciting to think about "what the miles ahead will hold" for all of us, but I can't help but think about the miles behind as well.

Carolyne of PureNRG writes: The main thing that I have to be thankful for is the relationships I have with others! I am so thankful for all of my friends and my family. But, while I am thankful for all of the relationships in the world, I am most thankful for my relationship with God! He is always there for me and provides me with a life for which I am thankful!

Caroline of PureNRG writes: I'm thankful for God's love, and His mysterious ways of showing His compassionate heart for us...I want to share with you one of my favorite Thanksgiving Day verses:

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 107:1


I think those are all awesome. So, let me share with you what I think about being thankful...


Why I Think We Should Be Thankful...


Because God is so good and so full of provisions. His love is what holds me together. He gives us so much, even if we can't always see that. He is full of blessings, and He deserves thanks. One of the reasons we were created was to worship God ~ so let's do it today by thanking Him!


Fifteen Things I'm Thankful For....


1. Jesus Christ ~ because without Him, I'm nothing. Because He has a great plan. Because He saved me (you can have His salvation, too). Because He is so loving and just and understanding and listening and good and mighty to save! (and LOTS more)


2. My family, relatives and friends ~ because I really love all of them and because they love me, too. Because I know God blessed me with them. Because a lot of them influence me to follow Christ more and grow in my relationship with Him, or vice versa. Because my parents are raising me in Christ. God sure has a great plan!


3. Food, a house, clothes, and all that ~ because I know lots of people don't have even those bare necessities, so I thank God that I am blessed.


4. That I live in a free country where I can share God's love and help others come to know Him!


5. My youth group ~ because it is very strong and we have a lot of fun, but can also be serious and learn about God. Because we are making a difference in the world. Because it gives me a chance to do big stuff for God and have fun at the same time. Because we can bring nonchristians there and show them Christ's love.


6. The Bible ~ because, without it, we wouldn't know nearly as much about God as we do now, and I don't think we'd be nearly as encouraged by Bible stories and passages.


7. My homeschool co-op ~ because I can learn about God there. Because it's fun. Because it gives me a chance to learn how I can make a different. Because it's Christ-centered. Because I see people there that I can be a good influence to (like @ youth group as well).


8. Being able to publish my book ~ because I know it was all God and that it has impacted at least 1 life. God has awesome plans!


9. Swimming, volleyball, and other sports ~ because they're fun ways to get fit, and because God likes us to have fun!


10. Sweets ~ because, well, they're yummy, and I think God loves to see us smiling over His creation!


11. The computer ~ because not only can I keep in touch with friends, but I can blog and share God's love where a lot of people will read it and (prayerfully) take it to heart.


12. Great Christian influences in my life (my youth pastor, parents, and other Christian adults).


13. Birthdays, Christmas, and Thanksgiving ~ because there is so much to be thankful for! Because we can celebrate Jesus' birth and give and receive with others. Because of the warm, cozy feeling from the holidays. Because we can spend time with friends and family while having a ton of fun and having fellowship in Christ.


14. Pets ~ because they are fun and furry and so thoughtful of God to make!


15. Photography ~ because it is really cool to be able to save moments, even though only what's done for Christ will last. Because I absolutely love taking pictures!


I could go on. God has given us SO much to be thankful for. So, I challenge you to think of at least one thing. There must be something, from your cute freckles to a good friend to the fact that your roommate doesn't snore very loudly. Try to think of something. You could even try one of the following...


* Draw or paint a picture of something you're thankful for, something you think is wonderful or lovely or fun or cool, or something that really stands out to you


* Take pictures of things (or people!) you are thankful for and put them in a photo album or scrapbook (or just keep them on your camera)


* Think of at least one thing you're thankful for every night (you can do more, too) and write them on slips of paper. Put the slips in a box, and when you're feeling especially unthankful or need some inspiration or cheering up, take a look at one or more of the slips


* Make a craft that resembles something you're thankful for, or make a craft you can give to someone else to bring out their natural beauty


* Try to find the good in everyone (really, there is some!). That may be really hard to do, but there is SOMETHING to be thankful for about everyone, even that person that REALLY annoys you or something. Thank God for them and ask Him to lead them closer to Him


* Remember that it's best not to take what you have for granted


There are other great ideas at Tween You and Me. I hope you'll check it out, and I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time being thankful!


God bless you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP