And The Winner Is...

Okay, so you know the contest ended last night, and this morning I wrote the two names of the entrants on separate slips of paper, put them in a hat, and had my brother draw a name.

Aaannddd the winner issss..... (drumroll, please)

Mary!

Congratulations, Mary! Here's Mary's story. Thank you, everyone who entered! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your entries! God bless!

What Friends Are For
By Mary McLane

I have a lot of friends. All of them are close to me. The closest, Grace, I have known since birth! Here is a story about her and I.

Grace jumped up and down when she saw our car coming down the road. We hadn’t seen each other in 2 years! I was so exited to see her and play with her but when I got out of our car she nearly knocked me down as she ran past me! I looked behind me she was hugging my brother. She obviously liked him. I was so disappointed.


What happened to her? Its like, she changed. We were staying at her house for a week and the whole first day all she could do is talk to my brother. I couldn’t stand it anymore! I ended up asking her what she liked to do and she said shop at the mall so I decided to take her to the mall and shop for some cute clothes.


When we got there I took her to Hollister and we looked at T-shirts and Shoes and Jeans and basically everything! We shopped for about 4 hours and we got really close but she still couldn’t stop thinking about him. I had to get to the bottom of this. Fast.


While she was sleeping I looked through her magazine drawer and saw ALL horse magazines! That was it! She had a love for horses! All I had to do was take her to my house! It would be hard though because we live 3 hours away. So I asked my mom if we could take her to our house and she said yes!


When we got home I took Grace to the barn and we rode my horses around my farm. We had good conversations mostly about our favorite horses. We rode for about 2 hours and then went inside and looked at my horse magazines. We found out how to make horse jumps out of wood and man do I have a lot of wood on my property!


We made a whole jump course in my field. We went and got our horses and warmed them up and then teaching our horses how to run correctly when approaching a jump. First I taught Grace then she taught me! When I was standing in my field Grace started running her horse. Man, She nearly knocked me down as she ran past me. I then got on my horse and did the same thing! We were ready, I could tell.


I went first. I was afraid of falling off but Grace comforted me until I was ready. She is such a good friend! I ran my horse to the jump and we soared over! We even had room to spare! I was so happy that I kept going around the course over and over until Grace got mad at me and told me it was her turn.


I finally stopped and Grace started off. She ran her horse but her horse was afraid of the jump and reared Grace off. I ran to her and called 911. When the ambulance got to my house I had already gotten grace to her feet and onto my horse and I gave her a ride back to the house. Grace was in a lot of pain. The paramedics checked her and said she had a broken arm.


I was devastated. So was she. I could tell she was sad but I was crying saying im so sorry I did this to you! She comforted me and we went to the hospital and got her a cast and pain medicine. She felt a lot better but I was still blaming myself. She said if it wasn’t for me she would still be at her house being really board and wishing she had spent more time with me. I felt better but still sad. She said that a trail ride would make me feel better but how could she ride with one hand? With help from a best friend, because that’s what friends are for.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP