Lazy Days...What Can I Do With Them?

Today was a really lazy day for me. I've been home sick. I was supposed to help at a car wash fundraiser for our volleyball team, but it was rainy outside and I was already sick and didn't want to get sicker. I was supposed to spend the night at a friend's house, but I got sick (and so did her and her dad). You know, sometimes I fall in the trap of thinking that some things aren't fair. But you know what? We live in a very sinful world. Things are not always going to be fair. And what good would pouting do (I need to remember this one myself!)? You know what I thought today? I thought something like, Today is a lazy day...what can I do with it that's useful? I don't think I did much useful stuff today, but it gets you thinking. Am I just going to waste another day? What can I be doing with this day? Will this free time give me more God-time? How can I benefit and help others benefit from this lazy day?

Good ideas for lazy days:
Spend time with God and family.
Bake cookies for an old folk's home or just for one of your neighbors.
Pray about things that are on your heart.
Make a friendship scrapbook, recipe book, or a notebook filled with Bible verses and notes to give to a friend or family member going through a hard time.
Make jewelry to sell for a good cause or give to one of your friends.
Take pictures around the house of things or people you love and put them in a notebook or scrapbook, or email them to a friend.

Ask God what to do on your lazy day...He surely knows!

lexi  – (October 11, 2010 at 1:28 PM)  

Wonderful post, Talia! Yeah, I have lazy days a lot, so this post really helped. Sorry you were sick!

Talia DeAndrea  – (October 11, 2010 at 7:35 PM)  

Thanks for commenting, Lex!!! I have lots of lazy days too (when we're not busy)! Thank you very much! how are you doing? love you,
God bless you! XOXO
talia

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP