Paper Lanterns, Moms, and Thankfulness

Hey, everyone! Well, I think I should probably add another item to my 'thankful list'. An item and a person, actually. My mom and electricity. Let me explain...

Last night all of our electricity went out. I awoke to darkness in my room (and quietness) except for dim light out the window. In my room my dad had helped me put up three battery-powered, purple paper lanterns. I turned one on, got out of bed, and looked at the clock. It wasn't on. Neither was my nightlight or fan. Before I got out of bed I thought I may have forgotten to turn the nightlight and fan on. But I quickly changed my mind. I went and informed my mom, and she came in and turned on a different lantern and said I could go back to bed.
I went back to bed and then awoke a (I THINK) few hours later. It was dark. The paper lantern had run out of battery! My little sister was crying. I comforted her and turned on the lantern closest to me. I also awoke my mom and told her my sis was awake. After we finally got to bed, we awoke again later (my sister and I). The lantern was out of battery. I didn't have the third purple paper lantern since my brother had used it. I turned on my iPod and used the little light from that. My mom came in (again!) and it was about 3:15 am (in the MORNING)! She had also been helping my brother at night, and he was finally asleep in her room. She went and got more batteries for one of the lanterns lantern so it would last a little longer. I got a flashlight in case that lantern went off. Not long later, my mom discovered that the power was back on! She turned on my fan and nightlight and we went back to bed. Although I was very hot and somewhat tired, I was reminded to be thankful! Thanks SO much, Mom, for everything you do. I really appreciate it!!! I've also learned to be thankful for electricity. I know not everyone has it, and I need to be thankful for it. I'm also thankful we have those paper lanterns! Thank you for buying them, Mom! And thanks for helping us through the night, God!

So yeah, that was a great reminder to be thankful. There are so many other things we don't think to be thankful for - like food and water, clothes, TV, computer, and the phone, a house, and all that. Let's try to be thankful today and every day! Sound good?

Here is the feedback from the previous post, Thankful List... (thanks for commenting, girls!) :)

Bookworm said she is thankful for her parents and grandparents, who are always there for her.

Lexi said she's thankful for her house, food, and clothes (because, sadly, not a lot of people in the world have those benefits). She's also thankful for her mom, who helps her a lot when things aren't going great for her.

Those are both awesome answers! God really does bless us, huh? For the next few days, let's think really hard about something small we're thankful for. If you want, you can post that on your comment. If you don't want to do that, you can post why you think being thankful is important. Or you can post both! Hope you have a great God-summer!!!

Don't forget to do the summer challenge! And there will be more to come on worship and thankfulness :)! Oh, and sorry if I'm copying what Nancy Rue says on her tween blog. I think thankfulness is a good topic (I'm not trying to copy her)! I highly recommend that blog. I think it's great!

God bless you!

Bookworm  – (July 4, 2010 at 12:36 PM)  

I'm thankful for the awesome week I had at Church camp!

Gail  – (July 5, 2010 at 2:43 PM)  

I am very thankful for electronics! I was at a Christian Camp all last week, and NO ELECTRONICS ALLOWED!!! lol! I missed talking to you, Tal on computer! ~Sarah

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP