Thankful List

While you can still comment on the worship post (scroll down 2 see), I thought I'd post on being thankful. I admit I can be un-thankful a L-O-T. I can get caught up in what I can't do, what I'm not gifted in, what I'm upset about, what someone else has, what seems unfair, etc. - and I don't take the time to realize what I do have and what God has gifted me with. I think it's a great idea to make a Thankful List (this is a list of things you are thankful for). You can do this if you want to, but you don't have to. You can make a list or keep a list in a book or notebook about things you are thankful for. You could make a big list one day or start with one thing/person and keep adding each day you write there. I think those are both good ideas. You could keep track of things you are thankful for, how God has blessed you, and things He has done for you.

Here are some of the things I'm thankful for...

I'm thankful for snow days, a beautiful, colored sky, a blue sky with puffy white clouds, hot cocoa on cold days. I'm thankful for laughs with friends about funny or silly things. I am thankful for my family - my talented sister, who is a great friend, my brother, who is a friend who is silly and unique, my little sister who has such a fun personality and can make me smile and laugh a lot, my mother, who challenges me, and who I go on walks with and talk to, and my father, who is very talented and also focused on doing what God wants. I'm thankful for my best friends and teasing friends who enjoy it heartily. I'm thankful for malls and Orange Julius and Dutch Bros' smoothies. I'm thankful for my cat, for nature, technology (when used for God's glory). I'm thankful for my email and the telephone and cameras and memory cards and memory card readers, even if they don't always work. I'm thankful for gorgeous flowers and fireworks that light up the sky. I'm thankful for certain kinds of animals and movies and music that makes me want to sing to God or dance around. I'm thankful that God made me, and for what He did, and how amazing and loving He is.

Those are just some of the things and people on my list. I know you can think of lots too. Your list does not have to be super-long or super-short or super-in-between or anything - it can be whatever length. Just remember to really thank God for everything. He's amazing!

God bless you!

♥ Talia ☻

p.s. if you would like to comment on this post, you can tell me one or more thing or person that you're thankful for. Excited to hear from you!!! :) <3

Bookworm  – (June 28, 2010 at 5:13 AM)  

I am thankful for my grandparents, and my parents! they are always there for me. : D

I'll be out of town for a week, so I'll probably not be online that much. Love your post, Talia!

peace  – (June 28, 2010 at 9:13 AM)  

Hey Talia! I'm really thankful for my house, because a lot of people in this world don't even have one. I'm also really thankful for my food and clothes. A lot of people don't have those, either. I take a lot of that for granted, but I know I shouldn't. God really blesses us. I agree, Talia, my mom is so helpful when things aren't going right for me. I'm really thankful for her. Great post!
Love,
Lexi

peace  – (June 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM)  

Hi Talia! I'm really thankful for my house, food, and clothes. It really makes me sad, because some people don't have any of those things, and we have even more. Wow. God really blesses us. I agree, Talia, my mom is SO helpful when things aren't going well for me. GREAT post!
Love,
Lexi

Talia DeAndrea  – (June 29, 2010 at 9:10 AM)  

Hey Lexi and Bookworm!
Thanks so much for posting! Sorry about your comments not showing up right away. I put a new thing on the blog so I can view comments before they are published (for safety). Your guys' comments are awesome! Thanks so much!!! Have a great trip, Bookworm! Love ya so much!
Hey Lexi! Thanks for posting!
Love you both. FRIENDS 4EVER!

Talia

Isaiah 54:10 ♥ ☻ ☺

peace  – (June 29, 2010 at 9:48 AM)  

That was wierd! At first my comment wouldn't post, so I tried doing another one, but they both posted! So sorry!
Love,
Lexi

Talia DeAndrea  – (June 29, 2010 at 4:46 PM)  

It's fine with me :)! I deleted one of your other comments because it sounded almost exactly the same as one of your others. I really hope you don't mind!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP