Summer Challenge

I watched them play in the park sand - my friend, sculpting a sand frog, the young girl with her cute, curly hair, and her brother (I think), who was maybe a few years older than her, making some kind of 'mountain hellfire' out of sand, or something like that (he said). I felt a small tug.
I could just picture sitting with them on the sand and asking, "Hey, do you guys wanna hear a story?" and telling them about Jesus. But I didn't. I wasted the opportunity. Pretty soon, it was time to leave the park. I don't know if I'll ever see those kids again, but at the park I just wasted the chance to shine Jesus' love and light into those kids' world. I don't know about you, but I'm very sad that we hear so many stories about people who saw the opportunity and blew it - didn't do it, didn't listen to God, hesitated from being obedient. I want us to change things this summer. I want this summer to be a rockin' God-summer, not a me-summer (where everything is about me). What about you? Do you want to make this summer a God-summer...or a you-summer?


So I want to tell you a challenge. You can choose to participate, but you don't have to. I'm going to try to do this challenge this summer, and I hope you'll join me. I'm going to show you a list of different challenges, all of which to complete this summer. (if you don't do it this summer you can do it throughout the year, too) After summer is over or you have completed the challenges, you can tell me how you did! I'm not sure if there is going to be a prize or not for anyone who completes this challenge. What do you think?

I hope you'll join me. God can change your summer and you, if you will let Him!

Here are the challenges (which you don't have to do in any particular order):

SUMMER CHALLENGE

Tell someone about Jesus

Do one thing you're scared to do (I think this one will be especially hard for me!) (but not something dangerous)

Try one new thing you've never tried before (like food from a different country or a new sport)

Compliment someone who annoys you (say something kind that you mean, though, like 'I like your sweatshirt!' if you really do like it)

Invite someone shy/new/scared/nervous/going through a hard time/etc. to sit with you somewhere like at church or school or at a concert or on the bus.

Set a personal summer goal and try (really try) to achieve it!

(Remember prayer is just talking to God. You don't have to do this challenge if you don't want to) Pray for someone you don't necessarily like

So that's it! I hope you have a great GOD-summer!!!

If you want to, you can write down these challenges in a notebook or type them on your computer and check them off when you finish them.
I'd love to hear about your challenges! Later, I'll tell you about some (or all) of mine too!

Also, here's another challenge for you! I'd like you to try to read your Bible every day from July 1st to September 1st - that's two whole months (July and August)! (you can read longer or shorter than that if you want to) It's hard remembering to read the Bible every day, huh? There are lots of ways to remember - putting up a fun, decorated-by-you sign in your bedroom that says something that will remind you to spend time in God's Word - the Bible - and with God, talking to Him :)! Your quiet time can be lots of fun too, and we'll be talking more about that on the blog. For now, I want to wish you a great GOD-summer!

Bookworm  – (June 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM)  

I so love all those neat challenges! I'll have to try a few. Have a gr8 God-Summer!

Talia  – (June 8, 2010 at 2:54 PM)  

Aw thanks! I think it will be fun doing most of those :). LOL I think it will DEFINITELY be challenging for me with some of those though. Have a great God-summer, Bookworm!!!

peace  – (June 10, 2010 at 9:09 AM)  

Hi Talia! I'm Lexi from Tween You and Me. The summer challenges seem awesome! I will try as many as I can! Some will be challenging for me, too!
Love,
Lexi

peace  – (June 10, 2010 at 9:24 AM)  

I wrote the list in my journal! Your blog is awesome, Talia!
Love,
Lexi

Talia  – (June 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM)  

Hey Lexi!
Sooo excited to have you on the blog :). I love tween you and me :)! Hee hee. Oh, thanks! I think these challenges will be - well, challenging (at least some of them)! I haven't done any of them yet. For my personal summer goal (I don't know - I'm goind to pray about it) I might want to make a goal to read my Bible or have my quiet time daily.

God loves!

Talia

peace  – (June 11, 2010 at 8:08 AM)  

Hey ya'll! I will be gone from today to next Monday. We are going on a trip with church, but I will miss ya'll so much! Please pray that we will have a safe trip.
Love,
Lexi

Talia  – (June 11, 2010 at 2:54 PM)  

Hey Lexi!
I prayed for you! Have a great trip! <3 :D :)

PAW!!! Prayer Always Works

God bless! In HIM,
Talia

xoxo

Mary  – (July 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM)  

Talia-

You are one of the many spiritual girls i have ever met! I read your summer challenges and one of them caught my eye, Do one thing you're scared to do, I have always been scared to go on a zip-line that is at my Christan family camp that is coming up in August. I have decided that im going to do it! You have influinced my Life in so many ways! I love your writting so much! Have a great God Summer!

Love,
Mary

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP