Fast-Spreading Fire

Hey there! This is my second 'official' blog post, and I want to talk about 2 things - what happened today, and being careful of what we say. First of all...

Today we went to a restaurant (where we also saw some friends), and while we were eating my dad told me someone there he knew had talked to him about me getting my book published! I was surprised! Word spreads quickly - like fire! I want to link this to what I want to say to you as well - and that is that we should watch what we say. If I say something that displeases God, I know it sure makes me (and GOD) feel bad. How about you? Think about that. And spreading rumors and gossip is not great either. I'm totally guilty of it, too. And NOT proud of it! So today I want to tell you to be careful about what you say. Let's try to make our words be only God-glorifying. If we come to a situation and we don't know if God would say what we want to say or not (that was a confusing sentence - sorry!), we should think: What would Jesus do? Would he talk about a PG-13 movie that your best friend claimed was so awesome because of all the blood and gore? No, I don't think so. Would he brag about how your volleyball team is so going to show up the other team? No. Just remember - don't let your words be a fast-spreading fire. Do what Jesus would do.

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Just be sure to use your common sense and no bad language or comment topics, please. This is not to be mean, but to keep everyone safe! Any comments that do not go along these rules will be deleted before anyone else can view them. Please keep your words clean, pure, and pleasing to God!

etiquette and such

Girlz of God Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. "Genuine," "Girlz of God," and "Tania's Faith" book excerpts Copyright Talia DeAndrea 2010, 2011, 2012. All pictures Copyright Talia DeAndrea, unless otherwise noted. Please do not steal or copy anything on this blog without my permission. Thank you :-).

Header, button, and signature copyright Marieanne.

Shush template by Our Blog Templates.

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP